Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help

  • Rocco Tedesco
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 1, 2003
      Having been in the navy and had a father in the Army, I can tell you both that without a service number, which is different from an social security number, there is no way to gat informaton out of the military. There is records with-in the census records that can lead you to what you are looking for. Also try to find where your paernts were boprn. that is a lead too.

      Crystal, your story sounds familiar to me. I am @ a brick wall like yours. My grandfather was in the Navy as well, and I know his name is/was Ronald James Smith. This is all I have. I wonder if there is a way to get information through the Navy? If you find your way please post how you did it as I will do the same. Maybe we can help each other. Traci
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 31, 2011
        Does anyone know if/where obits are available from StaatsZeitung of New York
        City?