Re: Ally's Genealogy.com question

  • dragonfly77_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003
      Kirsten,

      I do have a subscription to Ancestry. I like it. I did sign up
      briefly for Genealogy and found that I just didn't like it. I found
      Ancestry to be easier to use.

      Last night I was on Family Search. I think I will find a center near
      me to check out what other info they have.

      Thanks,

      Ally

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, k <notjomama2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hey Ally,
      > Ancestry.com will combine their database with
      > Genealogy.com, but it might not happen for at least a
      > year. I'm so new to genealogy that I can't give a
      > good opinion as to what I think you should do.
      >
      > Although, I do have an idea as to getting info from
      > Ancestry.com for free. I haven't read through the
      > archives here, so I don't know if this has already
      > been discussed. LDS Family History Centers have free
      > access to Ancestry.com. You could go to
      > www.familysearch.org and see if there's a Family
      > History Center located near you. You don't have to be
      > a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day
      > Saints to use the resources there.
      >
      > Kirsten
    • jimhargey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003
        -
        Hi Kirsten,

        I went in to Ancestry.com with my surname HARGEY and in one of the
        directories Births,Deaths and Marriages when I clicked on the view of
        the 45 hits one came up with the Tudor Roll of the Blood Royal have
        you any idea what this may be ???
        Jim Hargey jimhargey@...

        -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dragonfly77_99"