Surnames

  • scclahr@cs.com
    Message 1 of 21 , May 29, 2003
      I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

      Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

      Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

      Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

      Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
      have in exchange.

      Sincerely
      Carol

    • Karen Minnemeyer
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 3 7:32 AM
        Following is the list of Surnames in my family
        genealogy research.
        Barger Family:
        BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
        KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
        MAY; 1745-?; VA
        PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
        STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
        SURFACE; 1800's; IN

        Glassburn Family:
        CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
        DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
        FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
        GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
        GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
        PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
        PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
        RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

        Minnemeyer Family:
        MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
        STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
        SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

        Smear Family:
        BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
        COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
        1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
        IN
        DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
        FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
        GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
        NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
        SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
        VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
        VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
        VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
        HOLLAND, NY
        Karen

        Karen E. Minnemeyer
        kamiki1@...

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • donna3772
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
          Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

          Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

          Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

          Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
          Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

          Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
          locate her grave.
        • Natalie
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
            The surnames I am reasearching!!!

            Senat
            Senna
            Fiedel
            Tambyapen
            Sabiem
            Ribet
            Augustein
            Grenade
            Ofori

            I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
            interesting so far.
          • fibrokitten2000
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
              I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
              FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
            • trailberner
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                <donna3772@...> wrote:

                > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                Donna,

                I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                Broome county, NY.

                Pauline Merrick
                Brookfield, MA
              • Beth
                Message 7 of 21 , May 28, 2008
                  Hello,

                  I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                  how to go about doing it.

                  Thank you,
                  Beth
                • genealogynetworx
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                    Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                    boxningsurnames.pdf

                    I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                    I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                    Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                    I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                    Have a great weekend.