my great grandpa is an alien

  • Ameya
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21 9:52 AM
      Or so it seems. I know his name was Daniel Warde, from San Francisco
      & he married Laura Landers (who is believed to be from Indiana) in
      1918. They had Robert F Warde in 1921, who is my grandfather, but
      that is the extent of my knowledge. I've searched everywhere i know
      for information on him, but i just can't find anything more than his
      middle name might be Maureece (spelling?) according to some searches
      i've done, but im not sure if thats him. I have no job, so i'm not
      able to pay for access to most places online, so i was wondering if
      anyone had any suggestions of No money ways to find anything else?

      xx,
      ameya
    • Forrest G. Plumstead
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 7:00 AM
        Click on favorite links in the signature below these are free sites or
        show where and or how to get to the free part of subscription sites.
        Hope this helps!

        ><>Forrest Plumstead<>< San Antonio, TX, USA
        Family Web Page http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
        New to Genealogy?
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/Plumstead/genbeginner.html
        Favorite Links
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/Plumstead/favorite%20links
        .html
        Researching PLUMSTEAD, CLEMENS, HEALD, HOBSON, MARTIN, RISSER, SCHROEDER,
        THAYER, WIRTH

        On Wed, 21 May 2003 16:52:33 -0000 "Ameya" <sannindi@...> writes:
        Or so it seems. I know his name was Daniel Warde, from San Francisco
        & he married Laura Landers (who is believed to be from Indiana) in 1918.
        They had Robert F Warde in 1921, who is my grandfather, but that is the
        extent of my knowledge. I've searched everywhere i know
        for information on him, but i just can't find anything more than his
        middle name might be Maureece (spelling?) according to some searches
        i've done, but im not sure if thats him. I have no job, so i'm not able
        to pay for access to most places online, so i was wondering if
        anyone had any suggestions of No money ways to find anything else?

        xx, ameya

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Sharon Workman
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23 9:26 AM
          Ameya,
          Here's a start:

          1830 census for Los Angeles, District 178, Los Angeles County, California (Sherbrooke Apartments)

          Daniel M. Warde, age 54, born in California, both parents born in Northern Ireland. Occupation insurance agent
          Laura F., wife, age 44, born in Canada, father born in Illinois, mother born in Indiana
          Robert F., son, age 9, born in California

          Sharon
          Ancestor Chronicles: Our Kin And Their Times
          http://groups.msn.com/AncestorChroniclesOurKinAndTheirTimes/
          Please visit, join, and share your family stories

          Or so it seems. I know his name was Daniel Warde, from San Francisco
          & he married Laura Landers (who is believed to be from Indiana) in
          1918. They had Robert F Warde in 1921, who is my grandfather, but
          that is the extent of my knowledge. I've searched everywhere i know
          for information on him, but i just can't find anything more than his
          middle name might be Maureece (spelling?) according to some searches
          i've done, but im not sure if thats him. I have no job, so i'm not
          able to pay for access to most places online, so i was wondering if
          anyone had any suggestions of No money ways to find anything else?

          xx,
          ameya

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Sharon Workman
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23 9:43 AM
            Ameya,
            This looks like your guy in the 1880 census. I don't know how to research in Ireland, so that's as far back as I can go. I'll see if there are any details to be found in other census records.

            This does tell us the parents emigrated to Canada where Mary was born 13 years earlier, and then within two years they came to California, where the next child was born.

            Household:

            Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
            Micheal WARDE Self M Male W 36 IRE Liquor Dealer IRE IRE
            Margaret WARDE Wife M Female W 37 IRE Keeping House IRE IRE
            Mary WARDE Dau S Female W 13 CAN At School IRE IRE
            Maggie WARDE Dau S Female W 11 CA At School IRE IRE
            Daniel M. WARDE Son S Male W 7 CA IRE IRE
            John D. WARDE Son S Male W 4 CA IRE IRE
            Henry W. WARDE Son S Male W 1 CA IRE IRE
            Ellen TOOKEY Other S Female W 25 IRE Boarder IRE IRE

            Source Information:
            Census Place San Francisco, San Francisco, California
            Family History Library Film 1254078
            NA Film Number T9-0078
            Page Number 496B

            Message 5 of 6 , May 23 11:22 AM
              1910 census - Daniel living in Oakland, Alameda County, CA. Age 37, single, occupation - life insurance agent

              Brother Henry living in San Francisco, San Francisco County, CA, age 30, single, is a lodger with an unrelated family, working as a candy salesman.

              Brother John was living in San Francisco, San Franciso County, CA, age 34, has been married 4 years and has two children. Wife is Stella, age 34, son Jack is age 3, daughter Katherine is age 2. John was a salesman for a wholesale grocery.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 23 2:54 PM
                Ameya, There is a record in the social security index for a Robert Warde born 22 Mar 1921, he died 22 Mar 1998 in Los Angeles zip 91326. His social security card was issued in California also. I don't know if this is who your looking for or not but it seems he could be.

                Ameya <sannindi@...> wrote:Or so it seems. I know his name was Daniel Warde, from San Francisco
                & he married Laura Landers (who is believed to be from Indiana) in
                1918. They had Robert F Warde in 1921, who is my grandfather, but
                that is the extent of my knowledge. I've searched everywhere i know
                for information on him, but i just can't find anything more than his
                middle name might be Maureece (spelling?) according to some searches
                i've done, but im not sure if thats him. I have no job, so i'm not
                able to pay for access to most places online, so i was wondering if
                anyone had any suggestions of No money ways to find anything else?

                xx,
                ameya

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT