New member

  • Kathryn Noelle Blair
    Message 1 of 17 , May 7, 2003
      Hi, I am looking for people with the last names, Blair or Light.
    • Sandra
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 22, 2003
        Hello,
        I have just joined your group in hopes of finding out more about
        geneology in general, and my family in particular.

        My yahoo ID is tigerldywv and I would love to hear from you about
        the following surnames:

        Hartley
        Langbein,
        Lovek
        Lobshoski <sp?>
        Adams
        Ellis
      • Karla Casper-Jennings
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 23, 2003
          Sandra,

          I have Henry Adams, grandfather of Pres. John Adams, and ggrandfather of Pres. John Quincy Adams. He and Edith Squire had 10 children, 3 of which are my direct descendants. I also have some Ellis ancestors on my family tree.

          Here is our web site designed to help new and experienced genealogists: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/historian

          Here is a Christmas greeting:
          http://www.geocities.com/casper_jennings/Christmas.html

          Val John Jennings
          Norfolk, VA

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 28, 2003
            Hi! I just joined and wanted to say hi to everyone.

            I'm in the NW part of Penna and am researching the following
            surnames:

            Coder/Koder
            Larson
            Bobenrieth
            Hayes
            Hutchinson

            I'm willing to take photos at cemeteries in my area.

          • capnkirk_93591
            Message 5 of 17 , May 9, 2004
              Hi, my name is Kirk Nitz and here are the lines I am working on:

              Germany

              Nitz
              Beyer/Beier
              Strehlau
              Gnese or Gneiser

              New Zealand

              Reading

              England

              Reading
              Phillips
              Henry Adams, London

              Denmark

              Swaner/Svane
              Lautitsdatter
              Lausten
              Heinsen
              Jacobsen

              Sweden

              Hogberg/Hughberg
              Sitterberg

              Slovak Republic

              Kakara
              Andzrisko/Dzuresko
              Banas

              California

              Dinsmore

              If anyone is working on these lines, please let me know
            • Angela Scott
              Message 6 of 17 , May 28, 2004
                Hello everyone!

                I'm new to this group. I'm researching the surname Barnhart. My father is Robert Delno Barnhart, born 7-31-39 in Circleville Ohio married Sandra Kay Mathias in 1965. Currently married to Dianna Alexander and lives in CT. I am the eldest of 6 children, 3 he had with Sandra and 3 he has had with Dianna. His father is Hugh Barnhart born on March 26, 1900 who was married to Martha Belle Baker. His father was Franklin Barnhart. Most of my information has come courtsey of KJ Jones on another website, without her help, I would not have know that my grandfather even had brothers and sisters. If anyone else out there is related, please feel free to contact me.

                Thanks!
                Angela

              • anne851428
                Message 7 of 17 , May 8, 2005
                  Hi

                  I am interested in researching my family history and would like to
                  start with

                  HEALEY from Killkenny Southern Ireland

                  Anyone have any tips where to start?

                  Regards Anne
                • Clark & Rita Pederson
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 9, 2005
                    Anne:

                    You need to find out as much as you can about them in the US before you try
                    Ireland. Census records, immigration records and naturalization records
                    might help get you information on a village name in Ireland. Knowing their
                    religion would also be helpful. I have all of this and I'm still having
                    difficulties as many Irish were not very forth coming with information
                    about their past.

                    Rita

                    _____

                    I am interested in researching my family history and would like to
                    start with

                    HEALEY from Killkenny Southern Ireland

                    Anyone have any tips where to start?

                    Regards Anne

                    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
                    <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
                    &siteid=18621718

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    be>

                  • Tammy Jernigan
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 10, 2005
                      Hi Ann,
                      Do you have any dates,siblings or anymore info for research.

                      TAMMY JERNIGAN

                      __________________________________
                      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
                    • walter swan
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                        Hello
                        My name is Bud Swan, and I am researching the surname :Swan, Petersdorf, Judd, Blakesley, and more to be added at another day.

                        Thank You

                      • Rhonda
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                          Hello there, I am Rhonda from NC. I am new to the group and really not sure how to jump into the group so will start with hello and my names.
                          I am working on Boles, Carden, Tuttle, Westmoreland, Love, Wilson, Griffin and more.
                          I am Rhonda Newsom, 35. Married w/no children except my 120 lb 4 legged baby! Goliath, he is a Great Dane. Hubby and I will celebrate 18yrs Jan 9, 2006. I am a RN here in NC and love scrapbooking, travel, read, photography, genealogy and being on-line.
                          Happy Digging!
                          Rhonda

                        • runningdeer1011@webtv.net
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                            Welcome Rhonda.Are you related to the late Gen. Westmoreland?
                            Robert
                          • George
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 28, 2005
                              Ronda are your Griffin's from PA.By any chance --- In
                              genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rhonda"
                              <huntingforclues@g...> wrote:

                              > Hello there, I am Rhonda from NC. I am new to the group and
                              really not sure how to jump into the group so will start with hello
                              and my names.
                              > I am working on Boles, Carden, Tuttle, Westmoreland, Love, Wilson,
                              Griffin and more.
                              > I am Rhonda Newsom, 35. Married w/no children except my 120 lb 4
                              legged baby! Goliath, he is a Great Dane. Hubby and I will
                              celebrate 18yrs Jan 9, 2006. I am a RN here in NC and love
                              scrapbooking, travel, read, photography, genealogy and being on-line.
                              > Happy Digging!
                              > Rhonda

                            • Rhonda
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 28, 2005
                                I don't know, I am just starting :)
                                Welcome Rhonda.Are you related to the late Gen. Westmoreland?
                                Robert

                                Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 12, 2009
                                  Searching : Morris - Breathitt and Perry county Kentucky.
                                  Mcdaniel - Breathitt and Perry County Kentucky.
                                  Harding - Jackson and Madison county Kentucky, also Big Hill area near berea, ky.
                                  Dailey - Jackson county Ky and maybe berea
                                • janfrank.coupland
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 16, 2010
                                    Hello everyone,
                                    Iam searching for in formation on SANDERSON family who were in CORNFORTH,County Durham in the 1870's.William and Sarah and their sons Robert ,George,and James who died at a few days old,he was Georges twin.Was there anymore family?
                                    Many thanks Jan
                                  • godale13@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 14, 2011
                                      I am a new member and am hoping this group will help me out with my
                                      genelogical research. I have been researching avidly since 2003 and have
                                      extended my family line quite a ways, but there a still a few lines that I
                                      have had trouble on. I will try to give you a quick run down of my family
                                      lines and what I know of them (off of the top my head as I do not have the
                                      information at hand at this moment).

                                      On my father's side I have surnames of Ragsdale, Atkins, Rebman, Sickling,
                                      Mizell, Caldwell, and others I cannot remember off the top of my head. The
                                      Ragsdales I have traced back to Godfrey Ragsdale who came to VA somewhere
                                      between 1620 and 1644 when the story is his whole family (except a baby boy)
                                      were killed in the indian attack of that year. The family went from VA, to
                                      NC (maybe), to TN/KY to IL.

                                      The Sicklings we have traced back to George Sickling and Katheryn Bernstein
                                      (sp?) Who came to the US in the 1850s from Germany, They ended up in
                                      Pulaski/Johnson/Union counties IL but I have not found where they came to
                                      the US for sure.

                                      The Mizells we have had a little bit of problems with. At one time we
                                      believed we had traced the family back to a Luke Mizell/Measle who came to
                                      VA in the 1600s as an indentured servant. Yet there seems to now be a
                                      possibility of another group of Mizells coming to NC about the same time
                                      Lukes family moved there, so we have not figured out for sure which line we
                                      are descended from. This family we have in VA/NC (depending on the line), to
                                      TN, KY, and then IL.

                                      The Caldwell family I have been unable to get past my gggggrandparents: John
                                      C and Martha (Pittman) Caldwell. They were married in Calloway County KY or
                                      Williamson County IL. They had atleast a son and daughter (maybe more but I
                                      can't remember for sure). Their daughter was California Monterey Caldwell
                                      and married John Mizell. Family stories has it that Callie was part Indian
                                      and that her mother (Martha) was wither half or fullblooded. We have been
                                      unable to find anything more about this.

                                      On my mother's side we have the surnames of Stubblefield, Johnson, Parker,
                                      Little, Copeland, Ewart, Astin, Hutton, Campbell, Bunker, Stump, and some
                                      others. This is the side that I have had many troubles with.

                                      The Stubblefields I only recently found a line back to England. The first
                                      Stubblefield came to Gloucester Co, Va, then they went to Rockingham Co Va,
                                      then to Calloway Co KY, and then my line moved to Massac Co, IL.

                                      The Copeland/Little/Parker family is all one line of my family. David
                                      Copeland and his son William and family came to VA from Ireland in the
                                      1700s. William and his family moved to TN where his daughter (Sara/Sally)
                                      married Robert Little (I know nothing bout him other than he was from NC and
                                      was a veteran). The family then moved to Johnson/Massac county IL before
                                      1818. Robert and Sara's daughter Jane married William Parker (who later
                                      married her sister Martha/Patsy). I know nothing about him other than family
                                      stories of him being a drunk and gambler that made frequent trips on his
                                      flatboat to New Orleans. On one of these trips he disappeared while his boat
                                      was being pulled by a barge.

                                      My ggrandfather Parker married a Sadie/Sally Ewart from New Jersey. This is
                                      on of the sad stories of my family. Sadie came to Massac County, IL to care
                                      for her ill aunt (Mrs Cigar Jones) in the 1890s. When her aunt died, Sadie
                                      returned to NJ. However Tom Parker followed her back there and the two were
                                      married in 1897 (I believe). The couple had a daughter Mary on December 26,
                                      1899, and Sadie died the following February from complications. Tom would
                                      later marry Josie Berlingame, but they said he never was happy again. He
                                      only married her to care for Mary.

                                      I have some information on the Ewarts but it only goes back a couple
                                      generations from Sadie.

                                      The Astin family I have drawn a blank on. My great grandfather was Roland
                                      Astin. His parents were William and Medora Smith (of whom I know nothing
                                      besides her parents were John O Smith and Rebecca Galman). Williams parents
                                      were George and Louisa (Johnson). I have been unable to find much about
                                      George. I know that he was in the Civil War and his name was spelled Austin
                                      instead of Astin. I have also seen it spelled Aston. I think his parents,
                                      may be Walter/walker and Rutha, but I am unsure.

                                      The Bunkers, Stumps, and Campbells I do not know much about. I only go back
                                      a couple generations on them. If you know anything about them I will be
                                      happy to give you the names that I do have.

                                      One of the biggest mysteries that I have had in my genealogical research
                                      comes from the Johnson family. Three branches of my mother's side comes from
                                      this family but I have been unable to find anything. Here is what I have:
                                      Thomas and Lavina Johnson are in Massac County IL in the 1850 census. They
                                      already have one daughter, and maybe a son. The daughter is Laura (who
                                      married Andrew B. Campbell. They are my 4th great grandparents.). She was
                                      actually a Cherokee Indian who came to IL with the Trail of Tears and was
                                      adopted by Thomas and Lavina. She was only five or six at the time. The son
                                      was George Johnson (who married Cordelia Manley whose daughter Lucy married
                                      Charlie Stubblefield my 2nd great grandparents). Thomas and Lavina Johnson
                                      has another daughter

                                      Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless