RE: [Genealogy Research Club] finding records

  • Aliceann and Scott Carlton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2003
      Foundakeeper...

      Only thing I can think of... well, two, actually are to look for additional
      variants on the spelling of Darkus (Darcus)... in particular the
      then-common "Dorcas."

      Re: Henry Holt's wife... the Baldwin/Hamilton question. At what age did
      Henry marry? Perhaps Matilda Hamilton was the Widow Baldwin? (or some such
      variation on this theme) -- again, historically, such records often failed
      to record the woman's maiden family name but instead that of her former
      husband.

      Don't know if either of these will help ... but I just know that I have
      found both kinds of transpositions among the early records of New England.

      Scott Carlton