finding records

  • foundakeeper
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2003
      I'm having a problem finding the identity of my ggg-grandmother. I
      have two possible names, but strong inclinations to one over the
      other.

      The names I have to work from are Henry Holt, b. ca 1840-1850
      possibly Tennessee. He died in the early 1900's in Kentucky. He had
      a daughter, Darkus (Darcus) who married Samuel Newsom(e) in Kentucky -
      my gg-grandparents. Family was able to give me her father's name,
      but no one can tell me her mother's name.

      Marriage records searches show a Henry Holt married to a Matilda
      Baldwin, but more distant relatives say his wife's name was
      Hamilton.

      Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I might come up with solid
      proof?

      Thanks!
    • Norm Vine
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2003
        Do you know where in Kentucky they were married ? You
        could try finding their marriage license, check with
        the city, town or the state for any record of his
        marriage. Give them idea of what time frame you think
        it was.

        Norm

        http://search.yahoo.com