Re: explanations to my abbreviations

  • Annette Johnson Geil IBSSG
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2003
      i also have ancestors that are listed as Blacksheep.
      Gilbert Kennedy I(my 12 X great Grand Father) and Gilbert Kennedy
      2Cousin,and John Hinson Kennedy was Adopted By Dr Joseph Pulaski
      Kennedy
      Gilbert 1 put Alan Stewart on a spit and left him there for several
      days until he signed over abbey lands in Scotland(Carrick,Ayrshire)
      Gilbert 2 Was listed because he signed a death warrent of Patrick
      Hamilton,he was a child when he inherited the title and was under
      duress when he signed the death warrent,and John Hinson Kennedy
      Harbored a traitor during the Revolutionary War and Harbored VP
      Arron Burr.another member of IBSSG
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Brenda Faye Parker
      <fairplay51@y...> wrote:

      > American Revolution was fought in 1775-1787 in the 13 colonies. TN
      is the abbreviation for the state of Tennessee.

      > IBSSG stands for the International Blacksheep Society of
      Genalogists http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com Do you have an unsavory
      character in your tree??? Maybe some Royal blood, were any of your
      family a part of the Witch Trials, or someone who spent time in
      jail/prison?????

      > My qualifiers into the society was a Union(civil war) deserter
      (hung), a Condfederate(Civil War) deserter(shot), my grt. grt.
      grandfather(age76) who was arrested and fined $5 for lewd and
      lascivious behavior in a public place *giggle* at the age of 76. I
      am also distantly related to the first serial killers in the US. My
      Hessian ancestor who deserted and never went home is debatable.