new to the group

  • andre
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2003
      hi, my name is andre george. i have been trying to trace my genealogy for a while now, but it seems this field is dominated by pay-sites. i am hoping that this group would be able to help me.

      i am south african. born in johannesburg. i would like to trace back on both sides of my family.

      paternal info: my father is ivan wilfred george, born in cape town to wilfred george (originally from a south atlantic island called St. Helena) and sarah george, nee da silver (from Portugal).

      maternal info: my mom is sheila ellen george, nee burger, born in kimberly to andrew burger, also from kimberly and wilhelmina francina burger, nee dames. i have no idea where my maternal grandmother was born.

      i don't know if any of this info is relevant, or what else might be needed from me. i am quite new to this, but would appreciate and help, input or corrections.

      thanx

    • Becky
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 26, 2005
        Hi. Im new to this group but wanted to get in a list of who I'm
        looking for. Surnames are Carter, Blackburn, Easton, Willett, Ison.
        Most of these people are from Va., Ky, Indiana. I also have lots of
        info on these names if I can help anyone else.
      • Shorty
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
          hello everyone,
          new to the group..
          i'm researching quite a few ppl at the time and thought i'd like to help others if they may need my assistance. as i may need theirs.
          this has been a hobby of mine for years.
          i am a mother of 5. from pa.
        • Roberta Baum

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
              Hi Shorty, welcome to the group. What part of Pa are you from? I'm in
              Indiana, Pa, about 80 miles from Pittsburgh. The majority of my research
              here in the states are right here in my home town and the neighboring county
              (Armstrong).
              Lori

              My Family Tree Blog
              http://genealogyexpress.blogspot.com/%ef%bb%bf
              Lori's Scrapbook Expressions Blog
              http://lorisscrapbookexpressions.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
                Hi, welcome to the group. I live in Warren Co, Pa, if you need help from here.   Barb

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Welcome Shorty-
                  I mainly do research regarding black sheep ancestors and have a large
                  database on my PC I digitized for searching by name. Also, many other
                  resources for BS. If you ever need my assistance, shoot me an email :-)

                  (I have tons of Pa rellies :-)

                  Sunny
                  IBSSG

                  > > From: Shorty
                  >
                  > Date: 6/5/2012 5:06:05 PM
                  >
                  > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] new to the group
                  >

                  > hello everyone,
                  >
                  > new to the group..
                  >
                  > i'm researching quite a few ppl at the time and thought i'd like to help
                  > others if they may need my assistance. as i may need theirs.
                  >
                  > this has been a hobby of mine for years.
                  >
                  > i am a mother of 5. from pa.

                • lee taylor
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                    I'm doing research on Johnson/Johnston /Burgess in Venango county, if you can help I would love to talk with you.

                    Lee Taylor-Elliott

                    To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                      I have many Johnsons and Johnstons in Pa-too many to sift thru without a first name.
                      Can you toss me a few? :-)

                      Sunny
                      IBSSG