explanations to my abbreviations

  • Brenda Faye Parker
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 9:41 AM
      American Revolution was fought in 1775-1787 in the 13 colonies. TN is the abbreviation for the state of Tennessee.

      IBSSG stands for the International Blacksheep Society of Genalogists http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com Do you have an unsavory character in your tree??? Maybe some Royal blood, were any of your family a part of the Witch Trials, or someone who spent time in jail/prison?????

      My qualifiers into the society was a Union(civil war) deserter(hung), a Condfederate(Civil War) deserter(shot), my grt. grt. grandfather(age76) who was arrested and fined $5 for lewd and lascivious behavior in a public place *giggle* at the age of 76. I am also distantly related to the first serial killers in the US. My Hessian ancestor who deserted and never went home is debatable.

      Am proud member of the IBSSG

    • Annette Johnson Geil IBSSG
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18 8:44 PM
        i also have ancestors that are listed as Blacksheep.
        Gilbert Kennedy I(my 12 X great Grand Father) and Gilbert Kennedy
        2Cousin,and John Hinson Kennedy was Adopted By Dr Joseph Pulaski
        Kennedy
        Gilbert 1 put Alan Stewart on a spit and left him there for several
        days until he signed over abbey lands in Scotland(Carrick,Ayrshire)
        Gilbert 2 Was listed because he signed a death warrent of Patrick
        Hamilton,he was a child when he inherited the title and was under
        duress when he signed the death warrent,and John Hinson Kennedy
        Harbored a traitor during the Revolutionary War and Harbored VP
        Arron Burr.another member of IBSSG
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Brenda Faye Parker