Parker family

  • Brenda Faye Parker
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
      My Parker surname has 2 connections. My dad was a Parker and their line has been in Sumner County TN from 1860-today. Before that they were from Smith County TN and before that VA.

      My dad's 2nd oldest brother married a Mildred Parker(1922-living). Her family has been in Sumner County TN since the Revolution. Her grt. grt. grandfather Nathaniel Parker SR. fought in the Revolution and was from NC(gates county).

      Am proud member of the IBSSG

    • Linda Lou Flewin
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
        Hi Brenda, I am from Nova Scotia but was adopted in 1960 by Brits so am unfamiliar with some of your abbreviations, where is TN,and what is the IBSSG? Am I right in thinking by the revolution you mean the American Civil War between north and south?
        I look forward to hearing from you again........

        Linda lou
        Brenda Faye Parker <fairplay51@...> wrote:
        My Parker surname has 2 connections. My dad was a Parker and their line has been in Sumner County TN from 1860-today. Before that they were from Smith County TN and before that VA.

        My dad's 2nd oldest brother married a Mildred Parker(1922-living). Her family has been in Sumner County TN since the Revolution. Her grt. grt. grandfather Nathaniel Parker SR. fought in the Revolution and was from NC(gates county).

        Am proud member of the IBSSG

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Brenda Faye Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
          American Revolution was fought in 1775-1787 in the 13 colonies. TN is the abbreviation for the state of Tennessee.

          IBSSG stands for the International Blacksheep Society of Genalogists http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com Do you have an unsavory character in your tree??? Maybe some Royal blood, were any of your family a part of the Witch Trials, or someone who spent time in jail/prison?????

          My qualifiers into the society was a Union(civil war) deserter(hung), a Condfederate(Civil War) deserter(shot), my grt. grt. grandfather(age76) who was arrested and fined $5 for lewd and lascivious behavior in a public place *giggle* at the age of 76. I am also distantly related to the first serial killers in the US. My Hessian ancestor who deserted and never went home is debatable.

          Am proud member of the IBSSG

        • Annette Johnson Geil IBSSG
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18, 2003
            i also have ancestors that are listed as Blacksheep.
            Gilbert Kennedy I(my 12 X great Grand Father) and Gilbert Kennedy
            2Cousin,and John Hinson Kennedy was Adopted By Dr Joseph Pulaski
            Kennedy
            Gilbert 1 put Alan Stewart on a spit and left him there for several
            days until he signed over abbey lands in Scotland(Carrick,Ayrshire)
            Gilbert 2 Was listed because he signed a death warrent of Patrick
            Hamilton,he was a child when he inherited the title and was under
            duress when he signed the death warrent,and John Hinson Kennedy
            Harbored a traitor during the Revolutionary War and Harbored VP
            Arron Burr.another member of IBSSG
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Brenda Faye Parker