Re: [Genealogy Research Club] grandparents

  • Nancy Mancuso
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2003
      ---Hello Everyone,
      If this is first time research your Family Tree.You
      need to look for example:Grandfather date of birth,
      date he marriage,date when he die,his children birth
      and so on. If you need more help just ask use.

      --- Brenda Faye Parker <fairplay51@...> wrote:
      > When you say your researching your grandfather and
      > nothing more, it confuses people. One of my
      > grandfathers was born in 1914, and one in 1890.
      >
      > Am proud member of the IBSSG

      > removed]

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • Linda Lou Flewin
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2003
        Hi Brenda,I am curious, Your surname is Parker(gee obviously she says..lol!!)well, I am adopted and my mother said my fathers name was Parker, where do you come from, I am from Nova Scotia,but I believe my father came from New Brunswick. We may be related.
        Regards....Linda Lou
        Brenda Faye Parker <fairplay51@...> wrote:When you say your researching your grandfather and nothing more, it confuses people. One of my grandfathers was born in 1914, and one in 1890.

        Am proud member of the IBSSG

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Brenda Faye Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
          My Parker surname has 2 connections. My dad was a Parker and their line has been in Sumner County TN from 1860-today. Before that they were from Smith County TN and before that VA.

          My dad's 2nd oldest brother married a Mildred Parker(1922-living). Her family has been in Sumner County TN since the Revolution. Her grt. grt. grandfather Nathaniel Parker SR. fought in the Revolution and was from NC(gates county).

          Am proud member of the IBSSG

        • Linda Lou Flewin

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
              American Revolution was fought in 1775-1787 in the 13 colonies. TN is the abbreviation for the state of Tennessee.

              IBSSG stands for the International Blacksheep Society of Genalogists http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com Do you have an unsavory character in your tree??? Maybe some Royal blood, were any of your family a part of the Witch Trials, or someone who spent time in jail/prison?????

              My qualifiers into the society was a Union(civil war) deserter(hung), a Condfederate(Civil War) deserter(shot), my grt. grt. grandfather(age76) who was arrested and fined $5 for lewd and lascivious behavior in a public place *giggle* at the age of 76. I am also distantly related to the first serial killers in the US. My Hessian ancestor who deserted and never went home is debatable.

              Am proud member of the IBSSG

            • Annette Johnson Geil IBSSG
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 18, 2003
                i also have ancestors that are listed as Blacksheep.
                Gilbert Kennedy I(my 12 X great Grand Father) and Gilbert Kennedy
                2Cousin,and John Hinson Kennedy was Adopted By Dr Joseph Pulaski
                Kennedy
                Gilbert 1 put Alan Stewart on a spit and left him there for several
                days until he signed over abbey lands in Scotland(Carrick,Ayrshire)
                Gilbert 2 Was listed because he signed a death warrent of Patrick
                Hamilton,he was a child when he inherited the title and was under
                duress when he signed the death warrent,and John Hinson Kennedy
                Harbored a traitor during the Revolutionary War and Harbored VP
                Arron Burr.another member of IBSSG
                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Brenda Faye Parker