new member question

  • normajean1232001
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I have been searching for my ancestors for the past year so I need
      not tell you that I am still new at this. I do enjoy finding
      information about my family history and it's made me realize how
      important it is to document my parents and grandparents history
      before it's too late. As hard as I have found it to track down info
      on the past, we have to make it easy and available to future
      generations.

      Has anyone done an oral history and do you know of any software
      available to help. I already know about www.lifehistory.biz Do you
      know of any other sites out there?

      Thanks for any help
      nj
    • Rebecca Betz-Festa
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2003
        There are several helpful articles on ancestry.com with links to
        other articles and suggestions (you may have to cut and paste the
        link):

        http://www.ancestry.com/library/view/columns/tips/66.asp

        If the link doesn't work go to ancestry.com > Genealogy Help > in the
        Search Text box type "oral history" and you will get a listing of a
        number of articles about oral histories.

        Hope this helps you and good luck with your project.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "normajean1232001"