Re: Searching for more information

  • Bill Alleman <billalleman@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2003
      Shaun,

      I wanted to tell you that I was very impressed with your website.
      The link you left here was a little off, but I was able get to your
      homepage, and from there to your genealogy. What program did you use
      to write it, or did you do it by scratch using html?

      Bill

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, outofthefire
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have been searching for information on a number of ancestors that
      > have become brick walls. A fairly good portion of my tree is on-line
      > at http://www.geocities.com/outofthefire/genealogy/ and includes
      > these surnames: Antram/Antrim, Blomgren, Boyle, Edick, Foster,
      Ittig,
      > Lennarson/Linnarson, Rogers, Rodgers, Stroup/Stroub. I am still
      > working to place more pages on-line, but have a pretty good start.
      >
      > Particularly, I am looking for additional information about William
      > and Sadie (Sherman) Boyle, parents of Sherman Jay Boyle. I have
      > Sherman's birth record, but it doesn't really give much additional
      > information about the family. Sherman was born in Fon du Lac, WI, on
      > 9 Jun 1892, according to the birth record. Unfortunately, this side
      > of my family is rather small (the last two or three generations have
      > only had two children per generation), so family resources to
      provide
      > information have already been exhausted. It seems Sherman and his
      > parents are largely a mystery to my own family.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Shaun Boyle
    • outofthefire
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
        Thanks, Bill. I set up my homepage with one of the web
        page templates on Geocities (I think they have removed
        that particular template since I built it
        initially...) and have been using HTML to update it.
        To write the genealogy pages, I found a program
        on-line that transfers GEDCOM files to HTML format. In
        part of the conversion process, it places a link to
        that company's web page on each tree. If for some
        reason that doesn't work, it is the GedBrowser program
        from Misbach.

        Hope this helps. You can E-mail me at
        outofthefire@... if you have any additional
        questions.