Searching for more information

  • outofthefire
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2003
      I have been searching for information on a number of ancestors that
      have become brick walls. A fairly good portion of my tree is on-line
      at http://www.geocities.com/outofthefire/genealogy/ and includes
      these surnames: Antram/Antrim, Blomgren, Boyle, Edick, Foster, Ittig,
      Lennarson/Linnarson, Rogers, Rodgers, Stroup/Stroub. I am still
      working to place more pages on-line, but have a pretty good start.

      Particularly, I am looking for additional information about William
      and Sadie (Sherman) Boyle, parents of Sherman Jay Boyle. I have
      Sherman's birth record, but it doesn't really give much additional
      information about the family. Sherman was born in Fon du Lac, WI, on
      9 Jun 1892, according to the birth record. Unfortunately, this side
      of my family is rather small (the last two or three generations have
      only had two children per generation), so family resources to provide
      information have already been exhausted. It seems Sherman and his
      parents are largely a mystery to my own family.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Shaun Boyle
    • Bill Alleman <billalleman@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2003
        Shaun,

        I wanted to tell you that I was very impressed with your website.
        The link you left here was a little off, but I was able get to your
        homepage, and from there to your genealogy. What program did you use
        to write it, or did you do it by scratch using html?

        Bill

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, outofthefire
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I have been searching for information on a number of ancestors that
        > have become brick walls. A fairly good portion of my tree is on-line
        > at http://www.geocities.com/outofthefire/genealogy/ and includes
        > these surnames: Antram/Antrim, Blomgren, Boyle, Edick, Foster,
        Ittig,
        > Lennarson/Linnarson, Rogers, Rodgers, Stroup/Stroub. I am still
        > working to place more pages on-line, but have a pretty good start.
        >
        > Particularly, I am looking for additional information about William
        > and Sadie (Sherman) Boyle, parents of Sherman Jay Boyle. I have
        > Sherman's birth record, but it doesn't really give much additional
        > information about the family. Sherman was born in Fon du Lac, WI, on
        > 9 Jun 1892, according to the birth record. Unfortunately, this side
        > of my family is rather small (the last two or three generations have
        > only had two children per generation), so family resources to
        provide
        > information have already been exhausted. It seems Sherman and his
        > parents are largely a mystery to my own family.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Shaun Boyle
      • outofthefire
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
          Thanks, Bill. I set up my homepage with one of the web
          page templates on Geocities (I think they have removed
          that particular template since I built it
          initially...) and have been using HTML to update it.
          To write the genealogy pages, I found a program
          on-line that transfers GEDCOM files to HTML format. In
          part of the conversion process, it places a link to
          that company's web page on each tree. If for some
          reason that doesn't work, it is the GedBrowser program
          from Misbach.

          Hope this helps. You can E-mail me at
          outofthefire@... if you have any additional
          questions.