looking for BAXTER in minnesota and kentucky

  • Rose Maleficent <rosemaleficent@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi I am a new member and am trying to get more information on my
      great grandmother's ancestors.

      Here is what I know

      She was born Ethel Ida BAXTER on February 24, 1886 in Clearwater,
      Minnesota - died in B.C. Canada

      Married Hobart ENGNES, date and place unknown

      a handwritten account by her goes farther back:

      her Father: Richard Andrew BAXTER, born in Louisville, Kentucky,
      U.S.A - Died Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada
      her Mother's maiden surname was WARNER

      paternal grandfather was James Henery BAXTER born Lincoln Heights,
      Kentucky. This ancestor had two girls and 7 boys (one was Richard
      Andrew) She says several of the boys fought in the Civil War and not
      all came home.

      Thanks for any information or ideas for where I can look for more
      information!

      Leslie
      email address is rosemaleficent (at) yahoo.com