Brick Wall

  • pergle1 <pergle1@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2002
      Hello group,
      I am working on my line of Goddards, and have hit a brick wall. I
      have a George William Goddard (born 10/10/1819) in Laurens Co.,SC. He
      had a brother, Thomas Milton (born abt. 1816). They married sisters,
      Nancy and Sarah Studdard (daughters of Samuel and Martha (Gordon)
      Studdard.
      Have not been able to find anything to give a clue as to the parents
      of Geo.Wm. and Thomas Milton. Could anyone in the group be of any
      help? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    • mythology000
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2012
        Is there anyone out there who is connected to the Starbuck family tree.
        The latest info I have is that John Starbuck, who I beleive was in the Derbyshire militia, married a Elizabeth Nesse from Walton in Suffolk on 9/4/1809. She could have been born about 1785 in Walton
        They gave birth to a son Named John Starbuck in Walton around 1810 and a daughter named Mary Starbuck.The information I have in the 1851 census is that she is living with her daughter Mary and son-in-law Thomas Phillip Bartlam- Leicester St Martin.West Leicester. Elizabeth died 2/1/1854 Leicester, Leicestershire, England and that's all I have

        The problem I have is finding more info about John Snr; where he was born and died etc. I have checked the army listing but with no joy.

        I would be gratefull if someone could help me.
      • Karen Minnemeyer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2012
          I found the following at FamilySearch.org:

          #1  John STARBUCK; baptized 16 Jun 1771; at Breadsall, Derbyshire, England; father's name William; mother's name Jane

          #2  John STARBUCK; baptized 4 May 1791; at Breadsall, Derbyshire, England; father's name Charles; mother's name Ellen

          #3  John STARBUCK; baptized 5 Oct 1770; at Derbyshire; father's name John

          There are several listings for John STARBUCK on the site.  You might want to check it out.

          Karen E. Minnemeyer
          kamiki1@...

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2012
            Forgot to mention that the marriage is listed, but on 9th of April 1809.

            There is also a John STARBUCK born in Derbyshire who is apparently living alone in 1841 at Heanor, Derbyshire, England; age 65.

            Hope some of this helps.

            Karen E. Minnemeyer
            kamiki1@...

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28, 2012
              Thank you so very much for your information

              I found the following at FamilySearch.org:

              #1  John STARBUCK; baptized 16 Jun 1771; at Breadsall, Derbyshire, England; father's name William; mother's name Jane

              #2  John STARBUCK; baptized 4 May 1791; at Breadsall, Derbyshire, England; father's name Charles; mother's name Ellen

              #3  John STARBUCK; baptized 5 Oct 1770; at Derbyshire; father's name John

              There are several listings for John STARBUCK on the site.  You might want to check it out.

              Karen E. Minnemeyer
              mailto:kamiki1%40yahoo.com