Surnames

  • David Redding
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
      Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
      Weber-Ohio & Illinois
    • scclahr@cs.com
      Message 2 of 21 , May 29, 2003
        I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

        Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

        Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

        Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

        Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
        have in exchange.

        Sincerely
        Carol

      • Karen Minnemeyer
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
          Following is the list of Surnames in my family
          genealogy research.
          Barger Family:
          BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
          KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
          MAY; 1745-?; VA
          PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
          STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
          SURFACE; 1800's; IN

          Glassburn Family:
          CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
          DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
          FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
          GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
          GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
          PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
          PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
          RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

          Minnemeyer Family:
          MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
          STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
          SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

          Smear Family:
          BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
          COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
          1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
          IN
          DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
          FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
          GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
          NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
          SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
          VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
          VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
          VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
          HOLLAND, NY
          Karen

          Karen E. Minnemeyer
          kamiki1@...

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • donna3772
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
            Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

            Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

            Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

            Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
            Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

            Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
            locate her grave.
          • Natalie
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
              The surnames I am reasearching!!!

              Senat
              Senna
              Fiedel
              Tambyapen
              Sabiem
              Ribet
              Augustein
              Grenade
              Ofori

              I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
              interesting so far.
            • fibrokitten2000
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
                I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
              • trailberner
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                  <donna3772@...> wrote:

                  > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                  Donna,

                  I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                  Broome county, NY.

                  Pauline Merrick
                  Brookfield, MA
                • Beth
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 28, 2008
                    Hello,

                    I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                    how to go about doing it.

                    Thank you,
                    Beth
                  • genealogynetworx
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                      Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                      boxningsurnames.pdf

                      I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                      I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                      Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                      I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                      Have a great weekend.