Kraus/Carwell/Kunkel genealogy

  • barbie southerland
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2002
      Hello, I am trying to help a family friend find his roots. He is legally blind and so can't do the research himself and has no documentation of anything at this point. So any help that you could render would be greatly appreciated.

      His name is Donald Wayne Kraus b: 01/08/1947 in Galveston City, TX. His father is John William Kraus b: 07/11/1913 or 1917 (hes not sure) and d: 03/08/1989. His mother is Esther Kunkel b: 11/26/1920 possibly in Pen Oak, TX(?)

      His ggrandfather is John William Kraus SR and may have been a merchant marine/musician/turkey trotter(?) (I have no clue what a turkey trotter is but that is the info Don gave me).His wife's maiden name is Carwell or something to that effect.

      They have apparantly always lived, since immigration from Germany, in the Galveston, Houston, Dayton Texas area. If you could please help us with any info on this mans family he would be greatly appreciative.

      Please feel free to email me personally if you would like it to be off the list at cuntrybumpkin1@....

      Thanks,

      Barbie Graham