Surnames

  • David Redding
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 14, 2002
      Am researching my family tree. Surnames- Adkins,Redding,Weber,Wilson -
      in & around the Charleston,Decatur & Effingham,Illinois area.
    • David Redding
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
        Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
        Weber-Ohio & Illinois
      • scclahr@cs.com
        Message 3 of 21 , May 29, 2003
          I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

          Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

          Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

          Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

          Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
          have in exchange.

          Sincerely
          Carol

        • Karen Minnemeyer
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
            Following is the list of Surnames in my family
            genealogy research.
            Barger Family:
            BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
            KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
            MAY; 1745-?; VA
            PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
            STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
            SURFACE; 1800's; IN

            Glassburn Family:
            CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
            DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
            FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
            GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
            GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
            PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
            PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
            RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

            Minnemeyer Family:
            MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
            STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
            SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

            Smear Family:
            BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
            COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
            1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
            IN
            DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
            FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
            GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
            NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
            SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
            VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
            VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
            VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
            HOLLAND, NY
            Karen

            Karen E. Minnemeyer
            kamiki1@...

            http://personals.yahoo.com
          • donna3772
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
              Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

              Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

              Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

              Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
              Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

              Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
              locate her grave.
            • Natalie
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                The surnames I am reasearching!!!

                Senat
                Senna
                Fiedel
                Tambyapen
                Sabiem
                Ribet
                Augustein
                Grenade
                Ofori

                I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
                interesting so far.
              • fibrokitten2000
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 17 4:40 AM
                  I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                  FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
                • trailberner
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                    <donna3772@...> wrote:

                    > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                    Donna,

                    I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                    Broome county, NY.

                    Pauline Merrick
                    Brookfield, MA
                  • Beth
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 28, 2008
                      Hello,

                      I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                      how to go about doing it.

                      Thank you,
                      Beth
                    • genealogynetworx
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                        Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                        boxningsurnames.pdf

                        I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                        I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                        Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                        I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                        Have a great weekend.