I am new

  • nader31176
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11 11:15 PM
      Me and my wife are looking up both of our familys.
      We need help in finding.
      George Nadermann And thresa Lubbert(Nadermann).
      Alfred L Hoag and Eliza Scott(Hoag)
      And many others but those are the main ones.
      Can someone tell me how to get started doing this on the internet
    • v plumley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12 11:29 AM
        Hello, nader31176,
        The way I started was to gather all my facts that I
        knew for sure, then Post questions to surname and
        state and county sites at www.genealogy.com and
        www.ancestry.com. The more info you give the better
        chance you have for a correct family memember to be
        found. You can also look at www.familysearch.com (LDS
        site) or www.gencircles.com I also have joined all the
        surnames and location groups for yahoo that I could.
        Other Good places to look for info are Libraries,
        schools, funeral homes and cemeteries to name a few
        not so thought of places.
        You'd be surprised how many folks are willing to help
        you if they can.
        Since your new....
        ***Just a thought...get 3-ring binders and notebook
        paper, and file your notes as you go, by say, Location
        or surname....I have as the web-site says....Piles O'
        Notes syndrome, I save everything, one every different
        size and color scrape piece of paper!! I now have to
        search though piles of sorted, but a mess of notes
        that if I took on Notebook paper and dated and
        documented......I could go right to it and quote what
        when and where I found it or from whom.
        DOCUMENT!! everyone will tell you to Document
        everything as to where you found it, so if you share
        your info and someone asks where you found it, you can
        look as see right away, when I started, I was sure I
        could never help folks like the people I was reading
        about on-line....Ha! I'm no expert, but I try. to help
        others if I can.
        Hope this helps some and have funny with it! You will
        find some family memembers want you to leave the dead
        alone, others will be happy to see what you find out.
        Just remember Genealogy IS ADDICTIVE!

        You know your ADDICTED when... you can rattle off the
        first 4 generations back from you complete with spouse
        and dates correct, with out looking!
        OH my....I can do that...I'M ADDICTED!!

        =====
        May God Bless you and Keep you Safe
        yours truly
        Ginny

        Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
        http://news.yahoo.com
      • jimhargey
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12 3:30 PM
          I will give that a go thanks Ginny

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., v plumley <gindre43920@y...> wrote:
          > Hello, nader31176,
          > The way I started was to gather all my facts that I
          > knew for sure, then Post questions to surname and
          > state and county sites at www.genealogy.com and
          > www.ancestry.com. The more info you give the better
          > chance you have for a correct family memember to be
          > found. You can also look at www.familysearch.com (LDS
          > site) or www.gencircles.com I also have joined all the
          > surnames and location groups for yahoo that I could.
          > Other Good places to look for info are Libraries,
          > schools, funeral homes and cemeteries to name a few
          > not so thought of places.
          > You'd be surprised how many folks are willing to help
          > you if they can.
          > Since your new....
          > ***Just a thought...get 3-ring binders and notebook
          > paper, and file your notes as you go, by say, Location
          > or surname....I have as the web-site says....Piles O'
          > Notes syndrome, I save everything, one every different
          > size and color scrape piece of paper!! I now have to
          > search though piles of sorted, but a mess of notes
          > that if I took on Notebook paper and dated and
          > documented......I could go right to it and quote what
          > when and where I found it or from whom.
          > DOCUMENT!! everyone will tell you to Document
          > everything as to where you found it, so if you share
          > your info and someone asks where you found it, you can
          > look as see right away, when I started, I was sure I
          > could never help folks like the people I was reading
          > about on-line....Ha! I'm no expert, but I try. to help
          > others if I can.
          > Hope this helps some and have funny with it! You will
          > find some family memembers want you to leave the dead
          > alone, others will be happy to see what you find out.
          > Just remember Genealogy IS ADDICTIVE!
          >
          > You know your ADDICTED when... you can rattle off the
          > first 4 generations back from you complete with spouse
          > and dates correct, with out looking!
          > OH my....I can do that...I'M ADDICTED!!
          >

          > =====
          > May God Bless you and Keep you Safe
          > yours truly
          > Ginny

          > Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
          > http://news.yahoo.com
        • Stephanie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2005
            I am new to this group, and i hope someone may be able to help. I
            have been looking for my husband's father for two years with only
            dead ends. His name is Gerardo Blanco and he is of cuban origin. In
            1979 he was a resident of Miami Florida and his father and brother
            still reside there. We are having a baby in August and would like
            some information on his side of the family as all we know about him
            is his name. I appreciate any help you can give to me at this point.

            Thank you

            Stephanie