for Drina (and maybe helpfull for others too)

  • Willeke Klein
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
      Hey Drina,

      the only hint I can give you is this: just try every spelling variation you
      just can imagine and see if that gets you any further! My mother's maiden
      name is Lardinois and I have lost count on the number of variations it was
      written in the past! I also found some other names while searching which
      were differently written numerous times. This can also be the fact for the
      given name, is my experience.

      I hope you soon find more information, I have discovered it being very
      fullfilling once you find something you were looking for for a while, in
      fact, any new information is really exciting, I can honestly say that I have
      become genealogy-addicted (is that a word?) in a short while. I will be
      getting cable internet next Tuesday so I can give in to my addiction even
      more then!

      Greetings, Willeke from Maastricht, The Netherlands

      geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
        Have you tried either the Social security index or US Census reports for the time and place where you expected he might have lived ?
        Good luck, Norm
        Sagromantic79 wrote:Hello, my name is Drina McHone, and I am currently (attempting)
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • dragon_007_101
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2008
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Willeke Klein"
          <willeke.klein@...> wrote:

          > Hey Drina,
          >
          > the only hint I can give you is this: just try every spelling
          variation you
          > just can imagine and see if that gets you any further! My mother's
          maiden
          > name is Lardinois and I have lost count on the number of
          variations it was
          > written in the past! I also found some other names while searching
          which
          > were differently written numerous times. This can also be the fact
          for the
          > given name, is my experience.
          >
          > I hope you soon find more information, I have discovered it being
          very
          > fullfilling once you find something you were looking for for a
          while, in
          > fact, any new information is really exciting, I can honestly say
          that I have
          > become genealogy-addicted (is that a word?) in a short while. I
          will be
          > getting cable internet next Tuesday so I can give in to my
          addiction even
          > more then!
          >
          > Greetings, Willeke from Maastricht, The Netherlands
          >
          > geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

          Hi my name is Eric McPherson and i was just wondering if there
          might be a possabilty that your McPherson side might be from New
          York, Steuben County this is where my researce has hit a pot hole
          please let me know thank you eric

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.