Greetings!

  • Sagromantic79
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2002
      Hello, my name is Drina McHone, and I am currently (attempting)
      research my husband's family name (McHone), my grandmother on my
      dad's side (McPherson - not sure about the spelling) and my mother's
      family (was Ljubetic, now Betich). I am doing well on my the
      McPherson branch, as my I have a great aunt who is helping me out,
      but I am having a significant problem with my mother's side of the
      family. I ran into a brick wall when it came to searching out
      information on my great-grandfather, Peter Ljubetic. No matter where
      I look, it's as if the man never existed. My mom has pictures of him,
      and I wouldn't be here if he didn't exist, but I can't find anything
      on him. I've found his wife, and all his children and I know their
      children, but no Peter Ljubetic. I've tried that name, and what he
      changed it to shortly before he married. Does anyone have any
      suggestions? I might be overlooking something, but I've even tried
      the records at Ellis Island, and I still haven't found anything.

      I started into my research when an old family friend faxed my mother
      a copy of a family name history. It claimed that the Ljubetic family
      was ennobled in the 14th century. I wanted to know if it was
      accurate, and I have found the name Ljubetic in the records. But I am
      trying to prove direct relation, and since I can't find my great-
      grandfather, I don't know where to go. I have absolutely no
      information on any members of his immediately family aside from his
      wife and children.

      Of course, it's interesting, because I found out recently that the
      McPhersons were related to the Scottish royalty, and I'm beginning to
      suspect that I'm distantly related to my husband. Which would explain
      why his niece looks, acts, and talks just like me. Forgive me, I'm a
      rambler. If there's anyone who has any ideas, please let me know. I'd
      appreciate any help I can get.
    • Willeke Klein
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
        Hey Drina,

        the only hint I can give you is this: just try every spelling variation you
        just can imagine and see if that gets you any further! My mother's maiden
        name is Lardinois and I have lost count on the number of variations it was
        written in the past! I also found some other names while searching which
        were differently written numerous times. This can also be the fact for the
        given name, is my experience.

        I hope you soon find more information, I have discovered it being very
        fullfilling once you find something you were looking for for a while, in
        fact, any new information is really exciting, I can honestly say that I have
        become genealogy-addicted (is that a word?) in a short while. I will be
        getting cable internet next Tuesday so I can give in to my addiction even
        more then!

        Greetings, Willeke from Maastricht, The Netherlands

        geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Norm Vine
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
          Have you tried either the Social security index or US Census reports for the time and place where you expected he might have lived ?
          Good luck, Norm
          Sagromantic79 wrote:Hello, my name is Drina McHone, and I am currently (attempting)
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • dragon_007_101
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Willeke Klein"
            <willeke.klein@...> wrote:

            > Hey Drina,
            >
            > the only hint I can give you is this: just try every spelling
            variation you
            > just can imagine and see if that gets you any further! My mother's
            maiden
            > name is Lardinois and I have lost count on the number of
            variations it was
            > written in the past! I also found some other names while searching
            which
            > were differently written numerous times. This can also be the fact
            for the
            > given name, is my experience.
            >
            > I hope you soon find more information, I have discovered it being
            very
            > fullfilling once you find something you were looking for for a
            while, in
            > fact, any new information is really exciting, I can honestly say
            that I have
            > become genealogy-addicted (is that a word?) in a short while. I
            will be
            > getting cable internet next Tuesday so I can give in to my
            addiction even
            > more then!
            >
            > Greetings, Willeke from Maastricht, The Netherlands
            >
            > geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

            Hi my name is Eric McPherson and i was just wondering if there
            might be a possabilty that your McPherson side might be from New
            York, Steuben County this is where my researce has hit a pot hole
            please let me know thank you eric

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Service.