Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: GREAT IDEA - THROW OUT SURNAMES!!!

  • brozny@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
      Hi,

      Here are the surnames I am researching (mostly from Northern Ireland and
      emigrated to Chicago, IL, US):

      Kelly
      Kennedy
      Fitzpatrick
      McEvoy
      Devlin
      McCloskey
      McGreavey
      Curran
      McGinn/Maginn
      Coyle
      Leyden
      Maloney
      Naugton
      Henry
      Mason
      Murray

      Hope to hear from someone with a connection!

    • Willeke Klein
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
        And here are my surnames (all in The Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) so
        far, in the province of Limburg mostly, but who knows what connection I
        might find!):

        Aarts
        Aussems
        Badjou
        Bastings
        Beckers
        van Beneden
        Biesmans
        Blom
        Bodart
        Bours
        Bouvrie
        Brouwers
        Bruinen
        Cerfontaine
        Coeijmans
        Coijmans
        Collette
        Cortenraede
        Curvers
        Damen
        Debing
        Debruijn
        Deckers
        Dehue
        Demont
        Denis
        Detrie
        Dingena
        Distelvei
        Dreesens
        van Drongelen
        Dupont
        Erven
        Feijs
        Foukens
        Frambach
        Frijns
        Geelen
        Georges (or George)
        Gerardu
        Geurtsen
        Gierkens
        Glasemaeckers
        Gotwald
        Habets
        Hardy
        Heijendael
        Hendrix
        Hensen
        Hermans
        Horst
        Houben
        Hounjet
        Huijnen
        Jacobs
        Janssen
        Karels
        Klein
        Klinckenberg
        Korr
        Krans
        van Laar
        Lacroix
        Lardinois (or Lardenois, Lardenoije, Lardenoy)
        Leclercq
        Lemmerling
        Lousberg
        Loverix
        Meertens
        Megchels
        Mertens
        Mevissen
        Moers
        Moeselwijn
        Mommers
        Mulkens
        Nijpels
        Offermans
        Paris
        Paulussen (or Paulissen)
        Peerboom
        Peters
        Pieters
        Ramaekers
        Rijnders
        van Rijsselt
        Roeden
        Roevros
        Roijen
        Rompelberg
        Roosen
        Rouvros
        Schreurs
        Schrijnemaekers
        Schvartz (or Schwartz)
        Signet
        Simon
        Simons
        Sjardijn
        Sluijsmans
        Smael
        Smal
        Soeters
        Speckens
        Speelmans
        Stols
        Syen (or Sijen)
        Teheux
        Theneij
        Thewissen
        Thijssen
        Thomassen
        Tyonakt
        Valkenburg
        Vandenhove
        van der Vhee
        Vliekx
        Vranken
        Vreuls
        Waterval
        Weerts
        Wetzels
        Willems
        Wouters
        Zegers

        I admit it is quite a lot but I hope to get some reactions to it, please
        take into account spelling variations!

        Thanks, Willeke Klein from Maastricht, The Netherlands

        geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

      • brd207
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
          Sounds lke a great idea; I'm looking for the following names, love to
          hear from you, if you have the same name.
          Helms, Debar, Croteau, Pomerleau ( Vachon) , Golder,Tucker
          Thanks Barb

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
          surnames...
          > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..
          >
          > Lancto/Lanctot/Loncto
          > Vien
          > Menard
          > Badaillac
          > Chabot
          > Houle (Oll)
          > Bisallon
          > Cardinal
          > Freeman
          > Tatro
          > Snyder
          > Lajorie
          > Gadien
          > Maheu
          > Jones
          > Cooper
          > Woodrow
          > Wellspeak
          > Gosselin
          >
          > Please feel free to contact me and see if we are connect.. you can
          > also contact me at Lfelixthekat@a...
        • zorro41472
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
            Ginny, my cousins are Stevenses...I'm not sure how much help I can
            be in this area, as I believe that branch is from mass originally,
            but email me for more specifics...my names and email are in the
            database.

            Karin

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., v plumley <gindre43920@y...>
            wrote:
            > Here are my surnames;
            > STEVENS - 1900's / NY
          • Kristina Kruzan, Advertising Editor
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
              I'm looking for:

              Sheets (in WA primarily)
              Rexroat (Rexrote, Rexrhoadt, etc.) in Russell County, KY, 1800's
              Rober(t)son (Kentucky/Illinois, mid 1800-early 1900)
              Riggins
              Brown
              Hood

              Thanks!

              Kristina
            • jimhargey
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 22, 2002
                Looking for the surnames HARGEY & McGorms mangorms
              • chey1958_ca
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 26, 2002
                  Looking for the following surnames:
                  Wilcox and Cummings of Providence,Rhode Island
                  MacIntosh and Cavanaugh of Providence,Rhode Island
                  Carpenter and Geaters of Providence, Rhode Island
                  Larsen and Mooers of Nevada City, Calif
                  Geater of Riverside Calif
                  Tatro of Oregon

                  Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can offer.
                • David Redding
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 14, 2002
                    Am researching my family tree. Surnames- Adkins,Redding,Weber,Wilson -
                    in & around the Charleston,Decatur & Effingham,Illinois area.
                  • David Redding
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
                      Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
                      Weber-Ohio & Illinois
                    • scclahr@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 29 2:20 PM
                        I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

                        Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

                        Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

                        Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

                        Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
                        have in exchange.

                        Sincerely
                        Carol

                      • Karen Minnemeyer
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
                          Following is the list of Surnames in my family
                          genealogy research.
                          Barger Family:
                          BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
                          KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
                          MAY; 1745-?; VA
                          PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
                          STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
                          SURFACE; 1800's; IN

                          Glassburn Family:
                          CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
                          DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
                          FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
                          GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
                          GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
                          PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
                          PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
                          RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

                          Minnemeyer Family:
                          MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
                          STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
                          SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

                          Smear Family:
                          BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
                          COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
                          1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
                          IN
                          DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
                          FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
                          GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
                          NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
                          SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
                          VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
                          VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
                          VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
                          HOLLAND, NY
                          Karen

                          Karen E. Minnemeyer
                          kamiki1@...

                          http://personals.yahoo.com
                        • donna3772
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
                            Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

                            Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

                            Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                            Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
                            Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

                            Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
                            locate her grave.
                          • Natalie
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                              The surnames I am reasearching!!!

                              Senat
                              Senna
                              Fiedel
                              Tambyapen
                              Sabiem
                              Ribet
                              Augustein
                              Grenade
                              Ofori

                              I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
                              interesting so far.
                            • fibrokitten2000
                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
                                I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                                FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
                              • trailberner
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                                  <donna3772@...> wrote:

                                  > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                  Donna,

                                  I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                                  Broome county, NY.

                                  Pauline Merrick
                                  Brookfield, MA
                                • Beth
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 28 3:15 PM
                                    Hello,

                                    I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                                    how to go about doing it.

                                    Thank you,
                                    Beth
                                  • genealogynetworx
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                      Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                                      boxningsurnames.pdf

                                      I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                                      I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                                      Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                                      I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                                      Have a great weekend.