Re: GREAT IDEA - THROW OUT SURNAMES!!!

  • flasah
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 7, 2002
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
      surnames...
      > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..

      I just joined the group, so here are the surnames I'm looking for:

      Hilbig, Goertz, Meuth, Seidl, Stall, Cullinane, Irwin, Bornholdt,
      Pahl, Cooper, Brown, Pennington, Schroeder

      I've gone back to:
      Anton Hilbig b. 1831
      Johann Gorz b. c1699
      Johann Peter Meuth b. 1711
      Frank Seidl b. 1827
      Henry J. Stall b. 1865
      William Lawrence Cullinane b. 1840
      Patrick Irwin b. 1829
      Hans Emil Bornholdt b. c1880s
      Christian Pahl b. 1819
      John Perry Cooper b. 1845
      Wilson Brown b. c1900
      Ray Pennington b. c1910
      Virgil Schroeder b. 1906

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Patrick Schroeder
    • brozny@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
        Hi,

        Here are the surnames I am researching (mostly from Northern Ireland and
        emigrated to Chicago, IL, US):

        Kelly
        Kennedy
        Fitzpatrick
        McEvoy
        Devlin
        McCloskey
        McGreavey
        Curran
        McGinn/Maginn
        Coyle
        Leyden
        Maloney
        Naugton
        Henry
        Mason
        Murray

        Hope to hear from someone with a connection!

      • Willeke Klein
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
          And here are my surnames (all in The Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) so
          far, in the province of Limburg mostly, but who knows what connection I
          might find!):

          Aarts
          Aussems
          Badjou
          Bastings
          Beckers
          van Beneden
          Biesmans
          Blom
          Bodart
          Bours
          Bouvrie
          Brouwers
          Bruinen
          Cerfontaine
          Coeijmans
          Coijmans
          Collette
          Cortenraede
          Curvers
          Damen
          Debing
          Debruijn
          Deckers
          Dehue
          Demont
          Denis
          Detrie
          Dingena
          Distelvei
          Dreesens
          van Drongelen
          Dupont
          Erven
          Feijs
          Foukens
          Frambach
          Frijns
          Geelen
          Georges (or George)
          Gerardu
          Geurtsen
          Gierkens
          Glasemaeckers
          Gotwald
          Habets
          Hardy
          Heijendael
          Hendrix
          Hensen
          Hermans
          Horst
          Houben
          Hounjet
          Huijnen
          Jacobs
          Janssen
          Karels
          Klein
          Klinckenberg
          Korr
          Krans
          van Laar
          Lacroix
          Lardinois (or Lardenois, Lardenoije, Lardenoy)
          Leclercq
          Lemmerling
          Lousberg
          Loverix
          Meertens
          Megchels
          Mertens
          Mevissen
          Moers
          Moeselwijn
          Mommers
          Mulkens
          Nijpels
          Offermans
          Paris
          Paulussen (or Paulissen)
          Peerboom
          Peters
          Pieters
          Ramaekers
          Rijnders
          van Rijsselt
          Roeden
          Roevros
          Roijen
          Rompelberg
          Roosen
          Rouvros
          Schreurs
          Schrijnemaekers
          Schvartz (or Schwartz)
          Signet
          Simon
          Simons
          Sjardijn
          Sluijsmans
          Smael
          Smal
          Soeters
          Speckens
          Speelmans
          Stols
          Syen (or Sijen)
          Teheux
          Theneij
          Thewissen
          Thijssen
          Thomassen
          Tyonakt
          Valkenburg
          Vandenhove
          van der Vhee
          Vliekx
          Vranken
          Vreuls
          Waterval
          Weerts
          Wetzels
          Willems
          Wouters
          Zegers

          I admit it is quite a lot but I hope to get some reactions to it, please
          take into account spelling variations!

          Thanks, Willeke Klein from Maastricht, The Netherlands

          geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

        • brd207
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
            Sounds lke a great idea; I'm looking for the following names, love to
            hear from you, if you have the same name.
            Helms, Debar, Croteau, Pomerleau ( Vachon) , Golder,Tucker
            Thanks Barb

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
            surnames...
            > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..
            >
            > Lancto/Lanctot/Loncto
            > Vien
            > Menard
            > Badaillac
            > Chabot
            > Houle (Oll)
            > Bisallon
            > Cardinal
            > Freeman
            > Tatro
            > Snyder
            > Lajorie
            > Gadien
            > Maheu
            > Jones
            > Cooper
            > Woodrow
            > Wellspeak
            > Gosselin
            >
            > Please feel free to contact me and see if we are connect.. you can
            > also contact me at Lfelixthekat@a...
          • zorro41472
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
              Ginny, my cousins are Stevenses...I'm not sure how much help I can
              be in this area, as I believe that branch is from mass originally,
              but email me for more specifics...my names and email are in the
              database.

              Karin

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., v plumley <gindre43920@y...>
              wrote:
              > Here are my surnames;
              > STEVENS - 1900's / NY
            • Kristina Kruzan, Advertising Editor
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                I'm looking for:

                Sheets (in WA primarily)
                Rexroat (Rexrote, Rexrhoadt, etc.) in Russell County, KY, 1800's
                Rober(t)son (Kentucky/Illinois, mid 1800-early 1900)
                Riggins
                Brown
                Hood

                Thanks!

                Kristina
              • jimhargey
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 22, 2002
                  Looking for the surnames HARGEY & McGorms mangorms
                • chey1958_ca
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 26, 2002
                    Looking for the following surnames:
                    Wilcox and Cummings of Providence,Rhode Island
                    MacIntosh and Cavanaugh of Providence,Rhode Island
                    Carpenter and Geaters of Providence, Rhode Island
                    Larsen and Mooers of Nevada City, Calif
                    Geater of Riverside Calif
                    Tatro of Oregon

                    Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can offer.
                  • David Redding
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 14, 2002
                      Am researching my family tree. Surnames- Adkins,Redding,Weber,Wilson -
                      in & around the Charleston,Decatur & Effingham,Illinois area.
                    • David Redding
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
                        Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
                        Weber-Ohio & Illinois
                      • scclahr@cs.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 29 2:20 PM
                          I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

                          Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

                          Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

                          Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

                          Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
                          have in exchange.

                          Sincerely
                          Carol

                        • Karen Minnemeyer
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
                            Following is the list of Surnames in my family
                            genealogy research.
                            Barger Family:
                            BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
                            KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
                            MAY; 1745-?; VA
                            PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
                            STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
                            SURFACE; 1800's; IN

                            Glassburn Family:
                            CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
                            DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
                            FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
                            GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
                            GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
                            PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
                            PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
                            RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

                            Minnemeyer Family:
                            MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
                            STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
                            SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

                            Smear Family:
                            BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
                            COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
                            1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
                            IN
                            DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
                            FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
                            GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
                            NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
                            SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
                            VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
                            VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
                            VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
                            HOLLAND, NY
                            Karen

                            Karen E. Minnemeyer
                            kamiki1@...

                            http://personals.yahoo.com
                          • donna3772
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
                              Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

                              Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

                              Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                              Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
                              Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

                              Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
                              locate her grave.
                            • Natalie
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                                The surnames I am reasearching!!!

                                Senat
                                Senna
                                Fiedel
                                Tambyapen
                                Sabiem
                                Ribet
                                Augustein
                                Grenade
                                Ofori

                                I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
                                interesting so far.
                              • fibrokitten2000
                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
                                  I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                                  FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
                                • trailberner
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                                    <donna3772@...> wrote:

                                    > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                    Donna,

                                    I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                                    Broome county, NY.

                                    Pauline Merrick
                                    Brookfield, MA
                                  • Beth
                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 28 3:15 PM
                                      Hello,

                                      I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                                      how to go about doing it.

                                      Thank you,
                                      Beth
                                    • genealogynetworx
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                        Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                                        boxningsurnames.pdf

                                        I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                                        I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                                        Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                                        I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                                        Have a great weekend.