Re: cemetary info

  • jimb2owny
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2002
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
      > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
      > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
      > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

      Many plots have mulitple graves. You can get the names of the
      interred, age at death, date interred and type of casket (usually
      metal or wooden). You might also ask if there are any open graves or
      graves that can be reused. Graves with wooden caskets and coffins can
      be reused after 50 years or more - but that's an individual cemetery
      rule. You could also find out who are the legal owner(s) of the grave
      and who is entitled to be buried there. Jim