Re: cemetary info

  • mathnews
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2002
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
      > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
      > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
      > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

      Dear Caring too:I too have a hard time finding living decendants of
      my ancesters . One idea was to put a message on the gravesite of my
      deceased relatives and I have found 3 down line from my great
      grandfather of his 13 children. I put the message in a double wraped
      plastic bag with a stone on it on the grave site.Now we have 6 found
      and 7 to go.Good luck.Bill mathnews@...
    • v plumley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2002
        Hello Bill,
        That is so cool! I never thought of putting a note on the
        stone!
        May God Bless you in your search
        Ginny

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • jimb2owny
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2002
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
          > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
          > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
          > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

          Many plots have mulitple graves. You can get the names of the
          interred, age at death, date interred and type of casket (usually
          metal or wooden). You might also ask if there are any open graves or
          graves that can be reused. Graves with wooden caskets and coffins can
          be reused after 50 years or more - but that's an individual cemetery
          rule. You could also find out who are the legal owner(s) of the grave
          and who is entitled to be buried there. Jim