SURNAMES!!!

  • v plumley
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 23, 2002
      Here are my surnames;

      ADKINS - 1500's / England / WV
      CAME - 1800's / ME
      CAMPBELL - 1900's / NY
      CHURCH - 1600's / England / MA
      COFFIN - 1800's / MA / ME
      FORBES - 1600's / Scotland / MA
      FROST - 1800's / NH
      MOTT - 1500's / England / Canada / MA
      PLUMLEY - 1700's / VA / WV
      STEVENS - 1900's / NY
      SWEET - 1500's / England / RI / NY
      VAUGHN - 1700's / RI
      WALLACE - 1700's / MA

      Thank-you
      Ginny

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Judi Hardin
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 24, 2002
        Well, I suppose this is as good a way as any to introduce myself to the list.

        Surnames I'm researching include:

        Hardin - Ensor - Megown - Pyle - Ragsdale
        Musick - Brown - Boston - Agee - Meyer - Mortimeyer - Rader

        Which is just kind of for starters. I'm sure you all know how it goes.

        So far everyone but the Boston line seems to have come to Virginia in the 17th
        or 18th centuries and settled in Missouri via Kentucky--except the Bostons, who
        came out of Ohio and went through Indiana.

        I'm stuck for the moment with the Ensors, Megowns, Pyles, Bostons, and
        Mortimeyers.

        their census images, and hope that will help. I'm loading the info I have into
        their Family Tree software, which I hope to be able to upload to various sites.

        This genealogy thing is so interesting--not just in your own immediate family,
        and imagining who they were and what their lives were like. But a couple of
        weeks ago, for instance, I noticed that someone on a dog-related list I'm on had
        the same last name as one of the families I'm researching, and asked her
        off-line if she did any genealogical stuff, and she pointed me to several sites
        that were hugely helpful--and we're probably distant cousins. :) Then, when I
        was telling a colleague at work about it, she inquired which name, and when I
        told her she got this peculiar look on her face--her mother's sister married a
        man with the same last name. So we're not blood relatives, but sort of cousins
        by marriage.

        And one of these days, I SWEAR, I'm going to spend a couple of weeks in my
        mother's home county, getting vital statistics from the county courthouse and
        going through the archives of her hometown newspaper. I've got a wonderful
        obituary of one of my great-grandfathers and the wedding announcement of my
        mom's parents, and I just know there must be more items like that available.

        I'm always hoping to run across someone who can tell me more about my ancestors
        than just the vital statistics--always hoping to find a bible, or diaries or
        letters, or pictures, something that brings them back to life. I plan to use t
        he Family Tree ability to add pictures, just in case someone looking for the
        same people comes across my work--it would be a nice surprise, maybe to see the
        faces that go with the names.

        Judi Hardin
        msjh@...

        The misuse of language induces evil of the soul - Socrates
      • flasah
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 7, 2002
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
          surnames...
          > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..

          I just joined the group, so here are the surnames I'm looking for:

          Hilbig, Goertz, Meuth, Seidl, Stall, Cullinane, Irwin, Bornholdt,
          Pahl, Cooper, Brown, Pennington, Schroeder

          I've gone back to:
          Anton Hilbig b. 1831
          Johann Gorz b. c1699
          Johann Peter Meuth b. 1711
          Frank Seidl b. 1827
          Henry J. Stall b. 1865
          William Lawrence Cullinane b. 1840
          Patrick Irwin b. 1829
          Hans Emil Bornholdt b. c1880s
          Christian Pahl b. 1819
          John Perry Cooper b. 1845
          Wilson Brown b. c1900
          Ray Pennington b. c1910
          Virgil Schroeder b. 1906

          Any help would be appreciated.

          Patrick Schroeder
        • brozny@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
            Hi,

            Here are the surnames I am researching (mostly from Northern Ireland and
            emigrated to Chicago, IL, US):

            Kelly
            Kennedy
            Fitzpatrick
            McEvoy
            Devlin
            McCloskey
            McGreavey
            Curran
            McGinn/Maginn
            Coyle
            Leyden
            Maloney
            Naugton
            Henry
            Mason
            Murray

            Hope to hear from someone with a connection!

          • Willeke Klein
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
              And here are my surnames (all in The Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) so
              far, in the province of Limburg mostly, but who knows what connection I
              might find!):

              Aarts
              Aussems
              Badjou
              Bastings
              Beckers
              van Beneden
              Biesmans
              Blom
              Bodart
              Bours
              Bouvrie
              Brouwers
              Bruinen
              Cerfontaine
              Coeijmans
              Coijmans
              Collette
              Cortenraede
              Curvers
              Damen
              Debing
              Debruijn
              Deckers
              Dehue
              Demont
              Denis
              Detrie
              Dingena
              Distelvei
              Dreesens
              van Drongelen
              Dupont
              Erven
              Feijs
              Foukens
              Frambach
              Frijns
              Geelen
              Georges (or George)
              Gerardu
              Geurtsen
              Gierkens
              Glasemaeckers
              Gotwald
              Habets
              Hardy
              Heijendael
              Hendrix
              Hensen
              Hermans
              Horst
              Houben
              Hounjet
              Huijnen
              Jacobs
              Janssen
              Karels
              Klein
              Klinckenberg
              Korr
              Krans
              van Laar
              Lacroix
              Lardinois (or Lardenois, Lardenoije, Lardenoy)
              Leclercq
              Lemmerling
              Lousberg
              Loverix
              Meertens
              Megchels
              Mertens
              Mevissen
              Moers
              Moeselwijn
              Mommers
              Mulkens
              Nijpels
              Offermans
              Paris
              Paulussen (or Paulissen)
              Peerboom
              Peters
              Pieters
              Ramaekers
              Rijnders
              van Rijsselt
              Roeden
              Roevros
              Roijen
              Rompelberg
              Roosen
              Rouvros
              Schreurs
              Schrijnemaekers
              Schvartz (or Schwartz)
              Signet
              Simon
              Simons
              Sjardijn
              Sluijsmans
              Smael
              Smal
              Soeters
              Speckens
              Speelmans
              Stols
              Syen (or Sijen)
              Teheux
              Theneij
              Thewissen
              Thijssen
              Thomassen
              Tyonakt
              Valkenburg
              Vandenhove
              van der Vhee
              Vliekx
              Vranken
              Vreuls
              Waterval
              Weerts
              Wetzels
              Willems
              Wouters
              Zegers

              I admit it is quite a lot but I hope to get some reactions to it, please
              take into account spelling variations!

              Thanks, Willeke Klein from Maastricht, The Netherlands

              geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

            • brd207
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                Sounds lke a great idea; I'm looking for the following names, love to
                hear from you, if you have the same name.
                Helms, Debar, Croteau, Pomerleau ( Vachon) , Golder,Tucker
                Thanks Barb

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
                surnames...
                > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..
                >
                > Lancto/Lanctot/Loncto
                > Vien
                > Menard
                > Badaillac
                > Chabot
                > Houle (Oll)
                > Bisallon
                > Cardinal
                > Freeman
                > Tatro
                > Snyder
                > Lajorie
                > Gadien
                > Maheu
                > Jones
                > Cooper
                > Woodrow
                > Wellspeak
                > Gosselin
                >
                > Please feel free to contact me and see if we are connect.. you can
                > also contact me at Lfelixthekat@a...
              • zorro41472
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                  Ginny, my cousins are Stevenses...I'm not sure how much help I can
                  be in this area, as I believe that branch is from mass originally,
                  but email me for more specifics...my names and email are in the
                  database.

                  Karin

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., v plumley <gindre43920@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Here are my surnames;
                  > STEVENS - 1900's / NY
                • Kristina Kruzan, Advertising Editor
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                    I'm looking for:

                    Sheets (in WA primarily)
                    Rexroat (Rexrote, Rexrhoadt, etc.) in Russell County, KY, 1800's
                    Rober(t)son (Kentucky/Illinois, mid 1800-early 1900)
                    Riggins
                    Brown
                    Hood

                    Thanks!

                    Kristina
                  • jimhargey
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 22, 2002
                      Looking for the surnames HARGEY & McGorms mangorms
                    • chey1958_ca
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 26, 2002
                        Looking for the following surnames:
                        Wilcox and Cummings of Providence,Rhode Island
                        MacIntosh and Cavanaugh of Providence,Rhode Island
                        Carpenter and Geaters of Providence, Rhode Island
                        Larsen and Mooers of Nevada City, Calif
                        Geater of Riverside Calif
                        Tatro of Oregon

                        Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can offer.
                      • David Redding
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 14, 2002
                          Am researching my family tree. Surnames- Adkins,Redding,Weber,Wilson -
                          in & around the Charleston,Decatur & Effingham,Illinois area.
                        • David Redding
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
                            Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
                            Weber-Ohio & Illinois
                          • scclahr@cs.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 29, 2003
                              I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

                              Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

                              Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

                              Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

                              Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
                              have in exchange.

                              Sincerely
                              Carol

                            • Karen Minnemeyer
                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
                                Following is the list of Surnames in my family
                                genealogy research.
                                Barger Family:
                                BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
                                KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
                                MAY; 1745-?; VA
                                PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
                                STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
                                SURFACE; 1800's; IN

                                Glassburn Family:
                                CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
                                DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
                                FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
                                GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
                                GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
                                PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
                                PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
                                RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

                                Minnemeyer Family:
                                MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
                                STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
                                SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

                                Smear Family:
                                BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
                                COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
                                1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
                                IN
                                DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
                                FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
                                GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
                                NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
                                SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
                                VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
                                VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
                                VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
                                HOLLAND, NY
                                Karen

                                Karen E. Minnemeyer
                                kamiki1@...

                                http://personals.yahoo.com
                              • donna3772
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
                                  Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

                                  Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

                                  Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                  Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
                                  Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

                                  Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
                                  locate her grave.
                                • Natalie
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                                    The surnames I am reasearching!!!

                                    Senat
                                    Senna
                                    Fiedel
                                    Tambyapen
                                    Sabiem
                                    Ribet
                                    Augustein
                                    Grenade
                                    Ofori

                                    I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
                                    interesting so far.
                                  • fibrokitten2000
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
                                      I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                                      FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
                                    • trailberner
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                                        <donna3772@...> wrote:

                                        > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                        Donna,

                                        I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                                        Broome county, NY.

                                        Pauline Merrick
                                        Brookfield, MA
                                      • Beth
                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 28, 2008
                                          Hello,

                                          I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                                          how to go about doing it.

                                          Thank you,
                                          Beth
                                        • genealogynetworx
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                            Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                                            boxningsurnames.pdf

                                            I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                                            I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                                            Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                                            I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                                            Have a great weekend.