Re: cemetary info

  • photosnpoetry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2002
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
      > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
      > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
      > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

      you can get name of person who signed death certif. you can also
      get death dates,births,reason for death,and other miscell things
    • mathnews
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2002
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
        > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
        > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
        > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

        Dear Caring too:I too have a hard time finding living decendants of
        my ancesters . One idea was to put a message on the gravesite of my
        deceased relatives and I have found 3 down line from my great
        grandfather of his 13 children. I put the message in a double wraped
        plastic bag with a stone on it on the grave site.Now we have 6 found
        and 7 to go.Good luck.Bill mathnews@...
      • v plumley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2002
          Hello Bill,
          That is so cool! I never thought of putting a note on the
          stone!
          May God Bless you in your search
          Ginny

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • jimb2owny
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2002
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
            > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
            > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
            > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

            Many plots have mulitple graves. You can get the names of the
            interred, age at death, date interred and type of casket (usually
            metal or wooden). You might also ask if there are any open graves or
            graves that can be reused. Graves with wooden caskets and coffins can
            be reused after 50 years or more - but that's an individual cemetery
            rule. You could also find out who are the legal owner(s) of the grave
            and who is entitled to be buried there. Jim