cemetary info

  • caring_too
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21 9:12 PM
      Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
      a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
      I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
      suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too
    • photosnpoetry
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22 7:19 PM
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
        > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
        > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
        > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

        you can get name of person who signed death certif. you can also
        get death dates,births,reason for death,and other miscell things
      • mathnews
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23 8:02 AM
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
          > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
          > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
          > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

          Dear Caring too:I too have a hard time finding living decendants of
          my ancesters . One idea was to put a message on the gravesite of my
          deceased relatives and I have found 3 down line from my great
          grandfather of his 13 children. I put the message in a double wraped
          plastic bag with a stone on it on the grave site.Now we have 6 found
          and 7 to go.Good luck.Bill mathnews@...
        • v plumley
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23 11:27 PM
            Hello Bill,
            That is so cool! I never thought of putting a note on the
            stone!
            May God Bless you in your search
            Ginny

            http://health.yahoo.com
          • jimb2owny
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29 7:06 PM
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., caring_too <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Can anyone give me some advice? What info might I receive from
              > a cemetary, what would be the proper items to request?
              > I do have the name of the cemetary and the plot number. Any
              > suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Caring_too

              Many plots have mulitple graves. You can get the names of the
              interred, age at death, date interred and type of casket (usually
              metal or wooden). You might also ask if there are any open graves or
              graves that can be reused. Graves with wooden caskets and coffins can
              be reused after 50 years or more - but that's an individual cemetery
              rule. You could also find out who are the legal owner(s) of the grave
              and who is entitled to be buried there. Jim