GREAT IDEA - THROW OUT SURNAMES!!!

  • felix_kat
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 16, 2002
      Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your surnames...
      Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..

      Lancto/Lanctot/Loncto
      Vien
      Menard
      Badaillac
      Chabot
      Houle (Oll)
      Bisallon
      Cardinal
      Freeman
      Tatro
      Snyder
      Lajorie
      Gadien
      Maheu
      Jones
      Cooper
      Woodrow
      Wellspeak
      Gosselin

      Please feel free to contact me and see if we are connect.. you can
      also contact me at Lfelixthekat@...
    • v plumley
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 23, 2002
        Here are my surnames;

        ADKINS - 1500's / England / WV
        CAME - 1800's / ME
        CAMPBELL - 1900's / NY
        CHURCH - 1600's / England / MA
        COFFIN - 1800's / MA / ME
        FORBES - 1600's / Scotland / MA
        FROST - 1800's / NH
        MOTT - 1500's / England / Canada / MA
        PLUMLEY - 1700's / VA / WV
        STEVENS - 1900's / NY
        SWEET - 1500's / England / RI / NY
        VAUGHN - 1700's / RI
        WALLACE - 1700's / MA

        Thank-you
        Ginny

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • Judi Hardin
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 24, 2002
          Well, I suppose this is as good a way as any to introduce myself to the list.

          Surnames I'm researching include:

          Hardin - Ensor - Megown - Pyle - Ragsdale
          Musick - Brown - Boston - Agee - Meyer - Mortimeyer - Rader

          Which is just kind of for starters. I'm sure you all know how it goes.

          So far everyone but the Boston line seems to have come to Virginia in the 17th
          or 18th centuries and settled in Missouri via Kentucky--except the Bostons, who
          came out of Ohio and went through Indiana.

          I'm stuck for the moment with the Ensors, Megowns, Pyles, Bostons, and
          Mortimeyers.

          their census images, and hope that will help. I'm loading the info I have into
          their Family Tree software, which I hope to be able to upload to various sites.

          This genealogy thing is so interesting--not just in your own immediate family,
          and imagining who they were and what their lives were like. But a couple of
          weeks ago, for instance, I noticed that someone on a dog-related list I'm on had
          the same last name as one of the families I'm researching, and asked her
          off-line if she did any genealogical stuff, and she pointed me to several sites
          that were hugely helpful--and we're probably distant cousins. :) Then, when I
          was telling a colleague at work about it, she inquired which name, and when I
          told her she got this peculiar look on her face--her mother's sister married a
          man with the same last name. So we're not blood relatives, but sort of cousins
          by marriage.

          And one of these days, I SWEAR, I'm going to spend a couple of weeks in my
          mother's home county, getting vital statistics from the county courthouse and
          going through the archives of her hometown newspaper. I've got a wonderful
          obituary of one of my great-grandfathers and the wedding announcement of my
          mom's parents, and I just know there must be more items like that available.

          I'm always hoping to run across someone who can tell me more about my ancestors
          than just the vital statistics--always hoping to find a bible, or diaries or
          letters, or pictures, something that brings them back to life. I plan to use t
          he Family Tree ability to add pictures, just in case someone looking for the
          same people comes across my work--it would be a nice surprise, maybe to see the
          faces that go with the names.

          Judi Hardin
          msjh@...

          The misuse of language induces evil of the soul - Socrates
        • flasah
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 7, 2002
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
            surnames...
            > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..

            I just joined the group, so here are the surnames I'm looking for:

            Hilbig, Goertz, Meuth, Seidl, Stall, Cullinane, Irwin, Bornholdt,
            Pahl, Cooper, Brown, Pennington, Schroeder

            I've gone back to:
            Anton Hilbig b. 1831
            Johann Gorz b. c1699
            Johann Peter Meuth b. 1711
            Frank Seidl b. 1827
            Henry J. Stall b. 1865
            William Lawrence Cullinane b. 1840
            Patrick Irwin b. 1829
            Hans Emil Bornholdt b. c1880s
            Christian Pahl b. 1819
            John Perry Cooper b. 1845
            Wilson Brown b. c1900
            Ray Pennington b. c1910
            Virgil Schroeder b. 1906

            Any help would be appreciated.

            Patrick Schroeder
          • brozny@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
              Hi,

              Here are the surnames I am researching (mostly from Northern Ireland and
              emigrated to Chicago, IL, US):

              Kelly
              Kennedy
              Fitzpatrick
              McEvoy
              Devlin
              McCloskey
              McGreavey
              Curran
              McGinn/Maginn
              Coyle
              Leyden
              Maloney
              Naugton
              Henry
              Mason
              Murray

              Hope to hear from someone with a connection!

            • Willeke Klein
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 8, 2002
                And here are my surnames (all in The Netherlands (and a few in Belgium) so
                far, in the province of Limburg mostly, but who knows what connection I
                might find!):

                Aarts
                Aussems
                Badjou
                Bastings
                Beckers
                van Beneden
                Biesmans
                Blom
                Bodart
                Bours
                Bouvrie
                Brouwers
                Bruinen
                Cerfontaine
                Coeijmans
                Coijmans
                Collette
                Cortenraede
                Curvers
                Damen
                Debing
                Debruijn
                Deckers
                Dehue
                Demont
                Denis
                Detrie
                Dingena
                Distelvei
                Dreesens
                van Drongelen
                Dupont
                Erven
                Feijs
                Foukens
                Frambach
                Frijns
                Geelen
                Georges (or George)
                Gerardu
                Geurtsen
                Gierkens
                Glasemaeckers
                Gotwald
                Habets
                Hardy
                Heijendael
                Hendrix
                Hensen
                Hermans
                Horst
                Houben
                Hounjet
                Huijnen
                Jacobs
                Janssen
                Karels
                Klein
                Klinckenberg
                Korr
                Krans
                van Laar
                Lacroix
                Lardinois (or Lardenois, Lardenoije, Lardenoy)
                Leclercq
                Lemmerling
                Lousberg
                Loverix
                Meertens
                Megchels
                Mertens
                Mevissen
                Moers
                Moeselwijn
                Mommers
                Mulkens
                Nijpels
                Offermans
                Paris
                Paulussen (or Paulissen)
                Peerboom
                Peters
                Pieters
                Ramaekers
                Rijnders
                van Rijsselt
                Roeden
                Roevros
                Roijen
                Rompelberg
                Roosen
                Rouvros
                Schreurs
                Schrijnemaekers
                Schvartz (or Schwartz)
                Signet
                Simon
                Simons
                Sjardijn
                Sluijsmans
                Smael
                Smal
                Soeters
                Speckens
                Speelmans
                Stols
                Syen (or Sijen)
                Teheux
                Theneij
                Thewissen
                Thijssen
                Thomassen
                Tyonakt
                Valkenburg
                Vandenhove
                van der Vhee
                Vliekx
                Vranken
                Vreuls
                Waterval
                Weerts
                Wetzels
                Willems
                Wouters
                Zegers

                I admit it is quite a lot but I hope to get some reactions to it, please
                take into account spelling variations!

                Thanks, Willeke Klein from Maastricht, The Netherlands

                geneweb.geneanet.org/willeke

              • brd207
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                  Sounds lke a great idea; I'm looking for the following names, love to
                  hear from you, if you have the same name.
                  Helms, Debar, Croteau, Pomerleau ( Vachon) , Golder,Tucker
                  Thanks Barb

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., felix_kat <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Hey People I think its a great idea to just throw out your
                  surnames...
                  > Your never know what connections can be made.. here's my list..
                  >
                  > Lancto/Lanctot/Loncto
                  > Vien
                  > Menard
                  > Badaillac
                  > Chabot
                  > Houle (Oll)
                  > Bisallon
                  > Cardinal
                  > Freeman
                  > Tatro
                  > Snyder
                  > Lajorie
                  > Gadien
                  > Maheu
                  > Jones
                  > Cooper
                  > Woodrow
                  > Wellspeak
                  > Gosselin
                  >
                  > Please feel free to contact me and see if we are connect.. you can
                  > also contact me at Lfelixthekat@a...
                • zorro41472
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                    Ginny, my cousins are Stevenses...I'm not sure how much help I can
                    be in this area, as I believe that branch is from mass originally,
                    but email me for more specifics...my names and email are in the
                    database.

                    Karin

                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@y..., v plumley <gindre43920@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > Here are my surnames;
                    > STEVENS - 1900's / NY
                  • Kristina Kruzan, Advertising Editor
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 9, 2002
                      I'm looking for:

                      Sheets (in WA primarily)
                      Rexroat (Rexrote, Rexrhoadt, etc.) in Russell County, KY, 1800's
                      Rober(t)son (Kentucky/Illinois, mid 1800-early 1900)
                      Riggins
                      Brown
                      Hood

                      Thanks!

                      Kristina
                    • jimhargey
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 22, 2002
                        Looking for the surnames HARGEY & McGorms mangorms
                      • chey1958_ca
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 26, 2002
                          Looking for the following surnames:
                          Wilcox and Cummings of Providence,Rhode Island
                          MacIntosh and Cavanaugh of Providence,Rhode Island
                          Carpenter and Geaters of Providence, Rhode Island
                          Larsen and Mooers of Nevada City, Calif
                          Geater of Riverside Calif
                          Tatro of Oregon

                          Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can offer.
                        • David Redding
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 14, 2002
                            Am researching my family tree. Surnames- Adkins,Redding,Weber,Wilson -
                            in & around the Charleston,Decatur & Effingham,Illinois area.
                          • David Redding
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 23, 2002
                              Adkins-Virginia,Kentucky & Illinois Redding-Indiana & Illinois
                              Weber-Ohio & Illinois
                            • scclahr@cs.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 29, 2003
                                I am researching the following surnames from Pennsylvania

                                Cumberland Co., ZIMMERMAN, DERR, DARR, BRIM, BREM,KOCH,SENABAUGH,FEININGER.

                                Lancaster Co. : FLICKINGER, HERSHBERGER, REGAR, MARSHALL.

                                Dauphin Co.,: SNYDER, ROTH, BOYER,

                                Thank you kindly for any help forthcoming and I will be happy to share what I
                                have in exchange.

                                Sincerely
                                Carol

                              • Karen Minnemeyer
                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 3, 2005
                                  Following is the list of Surnames in my family
                                  genealogy research.
                                  Barger Family:
                                  BARGER; 1640-1932; Germany, VA, OH, IN
                                  KEISTER; 1797-1800's; VA
                                  MAY; 1745-?; VA
                                  PRESTON; 1700's; Ireland
                                  STIFF; 1863-1931; IL, IN
                                  SURFACE; 1800's; IN

                                  Glassburn Family:
                                  CARPENTER; 1758-1839; PA, VA, IN, OH
                                  DOTY; 1866-1959; NY, IN
                                  FISCHER; 1715-?; PA
                                  GLASSBRENNER; 1649-?; Germany
                                  GLASSBURN; 1743-1989; PA, VA, IN, OH
                                  PARNELL; 1838-1880; KY, IN
                                  PERSINGER; 1805-1871; VA, IN
                                  RITTER; 1675-1788; GERMANY

                                  Minnemeyer Family:
                                  MINNEMEYER; 1882-1946; IN
                                  STRUBB; 1860's-1900's; IN
                                  SWOPE; 1860's-1900's; IN

                                  Smear Family:
                                  BULLEN; 1840-1921; NC, IN
                                  COSSART (COSSAIRT, COZATT, VARIOUS SPELLINGS);
                                  1595-1946; Germany, France, Holland, NY, NJ, PA, OH,
                                  IN
                                  DURYEE (DURYEA, DUREE, DURIE); 1749-1800; NJ, OH
                                  FLETCHER; 1867-1945; IN
                                  GELTON; 1610-1644; FRANCE, NY
                                  NAYLOR; 1782-1850's; PA, OH
                                  SMEAR; 1814-1885; OH, IN
                                  VAN NEST (VANNEST); 1717-1791; NJ
                                  VAN HORNE; 1677-1740; NY, NJ
                                  VILLERMAN (VILLEM, WILHEMS, WILLIAMS); 1629-1685;
                                  HOLLAND, NY
                                  Karen

                                  Karen E. Minnemeyer
                                  kamiki1@...

                                  http://personals.yahoo.com
                                • donna3772
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 24, 2006
                                    Hi, I am searching these surnames. Pooler,Hamlin, Wood,Woolford.

                                    Phineas Pooler,b 18 Mar 1773 Bennington, Pownal VT and NY,and PA

                                    Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                    Michael J Wood b abt 1862 (father Joseph Wood) Philadelphia PA
                                    Married to Sara Kelly b. abt 1866

                                    Emma F Woolford d.abt 1921 Millville, cumberland Co.NJ Wouid like to
                                    locate her grave.
                                  • Natalie
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                                      The surnames I am reasearching!!!

                                      Senat
                                      Senna
                                      Fiedel
                                      Tambyapen
                                      Sabiem
                                      Ribet
                                      Augustein
                                      Grenade
                                      Ofori

                                      I have just started researching my family tree and am finding it
                                      interesting so far.
                                    • fibrokitten2000
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Aug 17, 2007
                                        I doing on GUNTER, MEYER, WOODSON, QUICK, ADDINGTON, FIELDS, HESTER,
                                        FUSBY, ETC. Have a good day Donetta (Hester) Gunter
                                      • trailberner
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 3, 2007
                                          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "donna3772"
                                          <donna3772@...> wrote:

                                          > Hamlin, areas PA. and NY

                                          Donna,

                                          I just joined this group. Interested in Hamlin family of NE PA and
                                          Broome county, NY.

                                          Pauline Merrick
                                          Brookfield, MA
                                        • Beth
                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 28, 2008
                                            Hello,

                                            I would like to add my surnames to the group could someone tell me
                                            how to go about doing it.

                                            Thank you,
                                            Beth
                                          • genealogynetworx
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                              Uploaded a new file to the group, boxningsurnames.pdf - You can search for over 300 surnames that are being researched in the Genealogy Network NING.

                                              boxningsurnames.pdf

                                              I have been having difficulty with a few of my Yahoo Groups, lately. My primary problem with Yahoo Groups has been the "Search group messages" feature that still does not work in MY Yahoo Group.

                                              I have found today that there were "Network transmission problems" when attempting to access other Yahoo Group files and databases - and in addition (b/c this post was intended for yesterday - today I am constantly having to re-login to Yahoo!)

                                              Has anyone else noticed this problem with Yahoo Groups? I sincerely hope that with the closure of Geocities that the closures do not extend to Yahoo Groups! Who knows? Yahoo Groups could be NEXT!

                                              I would suggest backing up all files in this group. If anyone is STILL looking for FREEWEBSPACE due to GeoCities deleting its free websites, feel free to contact me. I have maintained a list of FREE Websites for the past 6th months due to my own websites on Geocities necessitating a move. I will gladly email the list to you.

                                              Have a great weekend.