Lardinois?

  • willekeb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
      Hi there you all,

      I am new to this list and already have a question (actually more than
      one...):

      I have recently started to try and find my ancestor's on my mother's
      side of the family, so I would like to know if any of you has the
      name of Lardinois (or Lardenoije, Lardenois, Lardenoy, Lardenoye or
      whatever spelling variety you can think of) in his or her family
      tree? The ones I found up until now are from the region Sint
      Geertruid, Gronsveld, Mheer, Cadier en Keer which all are villages
      near Maastricht in the province of Limburg, The Netherlands (which is
      where I live).

      My second question is this: I am trying to find as much as possible
      on the internet, as I have limited time to go to the archive
      libraries myself, but I have the feeling there have to be more
      sources than I have discovered up until now. I have searched the
      Mormon church databases and also a Dutch database called Genlias, but
      it only so far has the weddings in it from this region, which means I
      am limited to finding the married family members so far. So if any of
      you can tell me more sources I probably can find something in, you
      would make me very happy!

      Love to hear from all of you, especially the ones who have a bound
      somewhere in their family tree with Holland (I might be able to find
      some more information for you on your ancestors perhaps, will be more
      than willing to!)

      Willeke
    • tolksteel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
        Hi Willeke!!

        Luckily I am doing research in the Netherlands. My husband's family
        came here from there. Talsma and DeVries, mainly from the Friesland
        area. I also have not had a lot of info from the GenLias site. I
        get most of my info from the Digital Resources Netherlands and
        Belgium. The website is http://geneaknowhow.net/digi/resources.html

        I have had more luck with this site and you can also see it in
        Dutch. I find things there that are not at the GenLias site. Check
        out everything they have and you might like it too!!

        Good Luck and happy hunting.

        TolkSteel
        Tina Stedman
        Admin of Genealogy Research Club

        Even though I am sure that you know more than I do, if you need
        anything let me know. TolkSteel@...