software suggestions?

  • jenmarie1111111
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      hi-i'm new to this, i just decided to start researching my geneology,
      and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for which software is
      good or not so good, and what everyone prefers. there is a lot of
      options out there, so i'd like to hear some opinions before i go
      spend the money. thanks!!

      jen
    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
        I'll might get lambasted on this but I am using
        Ancestry Family Tree, which can be downloaded for free
        at www.ancestry.com. Others will disagree with me
        (believe my I've had this conversation before), but to
        the best of my knowledge it is a full featured program
        which will show family view or pedigree has a name
        list, will allow photos and .wav sound files, will
        print reports with or without photos, and will import
        and export GEDCOM files, and lots more. I especially
        like the price *free*

        I wish you luck in your search.

        ><> Forrest <><
        I don't believe I'll ever see,