Valmore MERRITT

  • winterbrite
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hello, I'm a new member to this group so let me just dive right in.
      I'm looking for information on my MERRITT family. This is what I
      know.
      Valmore MERRITT was born somewhere in Ohio in 1861. He married Orpha
      Ellen Reed (Rhied, Rheid, Read) presumably in Ohio. Orpha may have
      been born in Vermont. At some point they moved to Kansas. One
      daughter, Myrtle Margaret, 5 sons, Milton George, Clayton, Clarence,
      Ralph, and Edwin were born in Shawnee or Wabaunsee County, Kansas.
      Valmore is buried in Topeka, Kansas. The daughter is buried in
      Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
      Does anyone have anything they can share on Valmore or his family;
      names of siblings or parents, where in Ohio he was born?
      Any help would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Winterbrite