new member

  • gramavan642
    Message 1 of 44 , May 11, 2002
      Hi. I'm very new to this group. But I have been doing genealogy
      research since 1980. I started out as a final test grade for my early
      American History course in college. Needless to say it has made me an
      addict to it. I have mainly been continuing to do my own family,but
      it has been so much more.

      I have gone back to the early 1200's for some of my family lines, and
      for 2 other lines I have on;y got back to about 1840. And that is
      what has me the most frustrated.

      I live in Vt. which has been fairly easy to travel since we are a
      relatively small state.You can travel the entive length in about 2
      hours if you use the interstate . and about 4 hours using the lesser
      traveled routes.

      I'm am grandmother and would like to leave my gr children something a
      bit different.

      I have mainly relied of our vital records office but have used the
      local town clerks almost as much.

      I have recently run into a strange problem and I haven't been able to
      figure out where to look for the answer to it.

      A couple of weeks ago I was going some research on angr. gr uncle of
      mine. His wife died in 1960. On her death cert. is stated that she
      was a widow. And for the last 1 1/2 years had been in this specific
      nursing home, (which made me think that she went there after her
      husband died). So I went looking for his death certificate for 10
      years prior to that date. Nothing. Well here in Vt if you die in NH
      or NY your death certificate may not be filed in the town where you
      lived, but a copy is sent to the main records office in Middlesex or
      in Burlington. So knowing that I went to Middlesex, Vt expecting to
      find a copy.but it isn't there, nor is his wife's , and she did die
      in state and that should have been there.

      All this just to try and find his mother which was my gr gr gr
      grandfather's mother also. They are only 1/2 bros.

      I have not been able to find their mothe or the fathers. and it is
      driving me crazy.

      Well maybe somebody will have a suggestion asto where else I can
      look. I have been to the local town clerk where she was married to
      both men, and didn't find out much more that the ma certificates
      which were very limited in information.

      Thanks
      Linda
    • wdavis10@bellsouth.net
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12 5:30 PM
        Hello everyone,
        I'm researching Nipp Knipp and variants thereof.

        If anyone is interested there's a DNA project in the works.

        A new YDNA project attempting to tie males with any variant of the surname Nipp/Knipp to their immigrant ancestors. This project is for males with any variation of the Nipp/Knipp surname, or males who suspect they are from that surname line. Thus, the individual who tests must be a male who wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, or Y-DNA111 test and who has one of the surnames listed for the project, or genetically matches one of the surnames in the project.
        Although females do not carry their father's Y-DNA, those who would like to check their father's direct paternal line can have a male relative with his surname order a Y-DNA test.

        Contact nipp_knipp@...
        http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NippKnapp-KIN/
        http://nippknippkin.wordpress.com/