Welch, Jackson, Martin....

  • karen31215
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2001
      Hi, everyone!! This site is wonderful, full of
      lots of useful information. I have been doing research
      for a couple of years now. Right now I am doing
      research for a friend of mine. Would appreciate any
      information and would be glad to share any information I
      have! May God bless you all. Karen<br><br>George
      Washington WELCH<br>B:Jan. 3, 1868, Sigourney,
      Iowa<br>D:Nov. 6, 1947, Sallisaw, OK<br>Married: Dec. 14, 1887
      to Laura A. MARTIN<br><br>(Laura B: July 1870, MO,
      D:Feb. 3, 1904, Mill Creek, Scott County, AR was the
      daughter of William Henry MARTIN & Lucinda
      Boles, Scott County, AR<br>D: Dec. 18, 1951<br>Married:
      1918 to Sarah Edna JACKSON<br><br>(Sarah B: Sept. 18,
      1898, AR, her death is unknown. She was the daughter of
      John JACKSON & Melissa (RANKINS?))<br><br>George's &
      Sarah's child Gussie Leota WELCH was born March 3, 1921,
      died Dec. 1972 in Marked Tree, Poinsett, AR. His
      wife's name was Sarah or Janeese ??. Gussie supposely
      lived in Sallisaw, OK at some point. I have his SS# and
      it was supposely issued in Michigan. (Which
      according to family stories does not fit.) <br><br>There is
      supposely Native American heritage in this lineage. One of
      my main objectives is to find it. There are WELCH's
      and JACKSON's on the rolls, but the dates have not
      fit together yet.