Re: I have no faith in the LDS informati

  • me_mommy_2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2001
      Much of the LDS info that is online is donated by
      other researchers and may have been done several years
      before you found it. Not all researchers are as
      conciensious about stating sources and double checking
      information given to them by others as most are. The
      information that is online from the LDS church is largly of
      the donated sort and must be taken with a grain of
      salt but at least it gives you a place to start and a
      guide as to where to look next. My suggestion is that
      you post a note on the record that you found that it
      is erronious and that will make others searching the
      same line careful about others in that family.
      also find Microfilm of the actual birth records and
      much, much more. Remember, information online is only
      as good as the source and if there is no source
      mentioned than you need to double check all of the
      information.