Re: how do I start?

  • sedberry_hunter
    Message 1 of 5548 , Apr 15, 2001
      <How do I access birth/death/marriage
      Handybook for Genealogists" by Everton Publishers. It has
      addresses for every county in the U.S. and what information
      they have. Most marriage records are at the county
      level, most death records at the state.<br><br>Set up a
      checking account for genealogy and keep a very small
      balance in that account. Following is the letter I use
      for getting marriage licenses and will explain the
      for marriage license (if available), marriage bond
      and/or license, including return, for each of the
      following:<br><br>Groom Bride Date
      maiden name was Sedberry and I am the family
      genealogist, researching family history in your county. THESE
      RECORDS ARE FOR FAMILY HISTORY PURPOSES AND DO NOT NEED
      TO BE CERTIFIED.<br><br>If your system allows please
      send a copy of every marriage license for the name
      Sedberry, bride or groom. If the check below is not
      sufficient please indicate the number of licenses________and
      the dollar amount required $________. I will send the
      correct amount in a subsequent request.<br><br>Enclosed
      is a blank check, "Not to exceed fifty dollars".
      Please fill in the required amount.<br><br>Check # (you
      fill in) Amount $ (leave
      and
      signature.<br>*********************************************<br> Please respond below if needed. Return this sheet
      or a
      I was searching for, but did get 26 others. Cost
      $37.00.<br><br>Write the "Not to exceed" amount in red ink under the
      normal amount line on the check. I have used this method
      for years and never had it abused, but protect
      yourself with the small balance account.<br><br>Another
      big deal in the project is a filing system. How do
      you file all the papers you collect so you can
      retrieve all the names on them? Maybe several people will
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds