Re: Where to start?

  • wallace784
    Message 1 of 5548 , Nov 9, 2000
      Hi Ron<br><br>A suggestion CJ's correct in what
      she suggests but might I suggest as soon as possible
      talk with relatives that might be elderly. get as much
      info from them as soon as you can. First thing I
      learned when starting this was to talk to the living
      while they still are alive to talk with. the dead will
      always be dead and can be found threw records but the
      living can fill in so much that you might not otherwise
      get threw cold hard records. Such as family history
      like stories, recipes, places, ect Stories and recipes
      you won't find in any government record. But also
      follow CJ's advice as it won't take long to go back as
      far as you can remember. I just started out myself
      recently and have worked back to 1890's threw what I know
      by myself and my genealogy program. I use Sierra's
      generations millenium edition has proven handy as it contains
      alot of info from all over the world. and if you want
      to pay even alittle more can access data bases on
      the net threw this program also to gain access to
      records world wide. Helped someone here find a civil war
      relative using it. Vary handy. If you get it make sure you
      get the right copy as one has this and one doesn't
      but make sure it contains an Ellis Island video and a
      book on US Naturalization records very handy when you
      get to your imigrant ancestors assuming your from US
      and or had family member imigrate to US.<br><br>Dave
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13 2:56 PM
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds