help with an injustice

  • trying2help2000
    Message 1 of 5548 , Nov 6, 2000
      I am in need of help for a family friend to solve
      an injustice. Because I have been working on
      Genealogy this has been turned over to me. Here is the
      situation my father�s friend had a stroke about two years
      ago. He moved to Michigan as a young adult from
      Manitoba, Canada. Because he was able to prove that he was
      Native American apparently he did not need a green card
      and was allowed to work. For twenty some odd years he
      has worked in the United States and paid into Social
      Security. Now he is only able to prove he is � Indian they
      are denying his Social security benefits. There was
      an amnesty period a few years back for illegal
      aliens. Had he signed up then there would be no problem
      but he was unaware that the United States government
      considered him an illegal alien. <br>His mother was � Cree
      Indian and he was born on the Peguis Reserve in
      Manitoba. He needs to prove his father was also Indian. His
      father was born in St. Peters, Manitoba (Selkirt). His
      father died when he was only 5 years old so he knows
      little. If anyone think they would be able to help please
      email me at kalin@.... I have more
      information that I can give you at that time if you think you
      can help. <br>Thank you in anticipation <br>Kris
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds