The Family According to Hillary

  • rxwell
    Message 1 of 5548 , Oct 6, 2000
      I hope eveyone here can enjoy
      amateur genealogical researcher, discovered that her
      great-great uncle, Remus Rodham, a fellow lacking in
      character, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery
      in Montana in 1889. The only known photograph of
      Remus shows him standing on the gallows. On the back of
      the picture is this inscription:<br><br>"Remus
      Rodham; horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison
      1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times.
      Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in
      1889."<br><br>In Hillary's Family History, her staff of
      professional image consultants, cropped Remus's picture,
      scanned it in as an enlarged image, and edited with image
      processing software so that all that's seen is a head
      shot.<br><br>The accompanying biographical sketch is as follows:
      "Remus Rodham was a famous cowboy in the Montana
      Territory. His business empire grew to include acquisition
      of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings
      with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he
      devoted several years of his life to service at a
      government facility, finally taking leave to resume his
      dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player
      in a vital investigation run by the renowned
      Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away
      during an important civic function held in his honor
      when the platform upon which he was standing
      collapsed."
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds