Nobody, Anywhere!

  • Halo_77632
    Message 1 of 5548 , Sep 6, 2000
      Hi all, I am new to the club and to Genealogy.
      Thus far, the only info. I have is from my
      Grandmother. She tells me though, that many have tried to
      trace our family tree to no avail. The problem seems to
      be one of translation. My Great Grandparents were
      from Russia and there was no English translation for
      their name so they went with what was close.
      Unfortunately, there were several choices and all were used, so
      we aren't even sure of which name to search for.
      Secondly, those we know our relatives used seem to show up
      nowhere. My Grandmothers name doesn't even yield results.
      Is there a site or any way one could find out all
      the possible translations of a name from Russian to
      American? Is there any way to look up names of war veterans
      from other countries, such as Russia? I can't even
      find records on those I knew, like my Grandfather. I
      know I am asking a lot of stuff here but I am at a
      complete loss. Any help would be appreciated. I have gone
      to Ancestry.com and Genealogy.com to no
      avail.<br>Thanks<br>Halo (Darlene)
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds