Re: Just Starting

  • roots_finder
    Message 1 of 5548 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hi,<br>Just read your post and the replies. The
      replies are great and accurate.<br> I would just like to
      add that you create a family group worksheet that has
      a space for the names of both husband and wife and
      all of their pertinent dates. Also the names and
      dates of their parents and their children (if any).
      Also a place should be provided for relationships,
      i.e. step,natural,adopted, etc. and any dates relating
      to this. Then send or give this to your relatives
      and ask them to fill it out for you.<br>I did this
      when I first got started. My family was the same as
      yours, not wanting to get into it, but wanted to know
      the results. But when I created this worksheet, I
      took it to our family reunions and people were glad to
      fill it out for me when they knew what I was
      doing.<br>I also met my dad's cousin who was way ahead of me
      on this and he has been my tutor ever since.
      have over 800 names on my tree.<br>I also have made
      fast and lasting friendships of three of my dad's
      first cousins. We have Two family sites set up in
      Myfamily.com and several of us keep in touch
      regularly.<br>This can be VERY rewarding.<br>Good
      luck!<br>roots_finder
    • Robert
      Message 5548 of 5548 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi
        Have you any info on Christophers family ,Brothers ,Sisters ,Parents Etc.

        I have only just found you email, My Son has done a lot of research and has found out our Reynolds came from Kent

        Thanks

        Robert REynolds