Zeyer- the end

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      For those of you who have considered doing something similar, I offer an updated and enhanced version of Zeyer- The End (Das Ende).  If you don't know already, Zeyer was the administrative region from which my mother's family was ethnically cleansed, after WW2 by the allies. What I did was translated a document from German; the original document was written by Johannes Jahn who was the last German administrator (mayor) of the region. Johannes Jahn was, also, a farmer and land owner (like my grandfather). Into his description, I have woven numerous events that occurred to my family along with internet images of the nearby places and time.  Details of my family events often appear on separate 'linked' pages, so as to minimize their interruption to the original account and flow.  Obviously, this topic remains a work in progress for me; but hopefully there is enough information to make the reading both interesting and worthwhile.

      About two weeks ago, I offered a story of the Jochem family's leaving of Zeyer for America.  As you will notice, my family's story is not in the same class.

      http://is.gd/4PMUsZ

      atb
      ...mark