Prague address from 1929

  • barbara.yuhas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2013
      I am trying to pin point on a map of Prague an address I have from a 1929 letter. It is written in either Slovak or Czech. This is what I have:

      Praha VII
      Ohrada za Vodarnou
      Belcrediho tr.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Paul Kurecka
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2013
        Ahoj.

        The address is in Czech.
        Praha VII was the Holešovice-Buben area, now listed as Praha 7.  It is just north of the river (after the river bends eastward and along where it bend back northward) and is east of the Castle area.

        Try http://www.mapsofprague.com/prague-7  It is interactive.

        Unfortunately, names of streets change over time.
        Also, there is no address number - typically they are placed after the street name (e.g., Hlavní 225 - being 225 main street).

        Could you post a scan of the address?

        Pavel