ManyRoads Maps - Cartography

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2013
      Hello all.

      If your research has led you to ManyRoads, you will be pleased to hear that I have made significant revisions to our Cartographic resources (maps). Because of the image problems I have experienced on ManyRoads, I am moving all my images into a new database and website- powered by ZenPhoto (http://www.zenphoto.org/). As a result I have been able to make available considerably more data than in the past. Our expanded files include some 253 Cartographic images (maps) in 19 albums and sub-albums.

      Our major Cartographic categories include:

      European Historical Maps (mostly North Central Europe)
      Historical Germany (those regions where German speaking peoples live or lived)
      Massachusetts
      New France and Quebec
      Northern New York State
      Old & New World Historical Maps
      Vertreibung Karten - Expulsion Maps

      I am also currently enhancing the links between my two sites (mostly for search purposes). In the meantime, if you want to effectively search ManyRoads images, please conduct all searches from the main ManyRoads Gallery home page.

      Please be aware, this area is new and when you visit you will notice other areas of the ManyRoads Gallery still under development. You may wander through those as well. Should you notice problems on the Cartographic side, I would most appreciate a 'heads-up'. Other comments are also welcomed. I will announce the readiness of the remaining areas, as they become 'ready for prime-time.'

      Here's the link to our new Cartographic materials:
      http://www.many-roads.com/galleries/Cartographic%20Documents/

      Enjoy.
      ...mark