Re: Need info on SCHLOENDORF's in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "number_1_genealogist" <gary.gauthier@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.
      >
      > Here is what I know of the family.
      >
      > From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
      > Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.
      >
      > From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
      > Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.
      >
      > From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
      > Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.
      >
      > From the MOMS database, I know the following:
      > The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)
      >
      > From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
      > John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.
      >
      > I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.
      >
      > From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
      > Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.

      According to records I have looked at this comes up:
      Fanny Township

      No Cemeteries known
    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
        Try adding more search terms to improve your search results.
        Orville W Merrit
        United States Census, 1910

        birth: 1872 Minnesota
        residence: 1910 Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
        spouse: Lina Merrit
        Orville Merritt
        United States Census, 1940

        birth: 1872 Minnesota
        residence: 1940 Ward 2, Fairmont, Fairmont City, Martin, Minnesota, United States
        spouse: Lina Merritt
        Orville W Merritt
        United States Census, 1930

        birth: 1871 Minnesota
        census: 1930 Fairmont, Martin, Minnesota
        spouse: Magdaline Merritt
        at Familyserch.org
        Orvil W Merritt, "United States Census, 1920"
        Name: Orvil W Merritt
        Event Type:
        Event Year: 1920
        Event Place: , Martin, Minnesota
        Gender: Male
        Age: 47
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Birthplace: Minnesota
        Birth Year (Estimated): 1873
        Relationship to Head of Household: Self
        Father's Birthplace:
        Mother's Birthplace:
        Household ID: 237
        Sheet Number: 10
        GS Film number: 1820844
        Digital Folder Number: 4312192
        Image Number: 00901
        Household Gender Age Birthplace
        SELF Orvil W Merritt M 47y Minnesota
        WIFE Madiline W Merritt F 44y Hanover Germany
        Dora A Schleondorf F 82y Hanover Germany