Re: Need info on SCHLOENDORF's in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      Could this be Her:

      1910 United States Federal Census about Dorah Schloendorf
      Name: Dorah Schloendorf
      [Dorth Schoendorf]
      Age in 1910: 73
      Birth Year: 1837
      Birthplace: Germany
      Home in 1910: Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
      Race: White
      Gender: Female
      Immigration Year: 1884
      Relation to Head of House: Mother-in-law
      Marital Status: Widowed
      Father's Birthplace: Germany
      Mother's Birthplace: Germany
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members:
      Name Age
      Orville W Merrit 38
      Lina Merrit 37
      Dorah Schloendorf 73
      Anna Schloendorf 25
      Charlie Smithson 27
    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "number_1_genealogist" <gary.gauthier@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.
        >
        > Here is what I know of the family.
        >
        > From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
        > Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.
        >
        > From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
        > Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.
        >
        > From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
        > Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.
        >
        > From the MOMS database, I know the following:
        > The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)
        >
        > From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
        > John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.
        >
        > I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.
        >
        > From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
        > Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.

        According to records I have looked at this comes up:
        Fanny Township

        No Cemeteries known
      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
          Try adding more search terms to improve your search results.
          Orville W Merrit
          United States Census, 1910

          birth: 1872 Minnesota
          residence: 1910 Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
          spouse: Lina Merrit
          Orville Merritt
          United States Census, 1940

          birth: 1872 Minnesota
          residence: 1940 Ward 2, Fairmont, Fairmont City, Martin, Minnesota, United States
          spouse: Lina Merritt
          Orville W Merritt
          United States Census, 1930

          birth: 1871 Minnesota
          census: 1930 Fairmont, Martin, Minnesota
          spouse: Magdaline Merritt
          at Familyserch.org
          Orvil W Merritt, "United States Census, 1920"
          Name: Orvil W Merritt
          Event Type:
          Event Year: 1920
          Event Place: , Martin, Minnesota
          Gender: Male
          Age: 47
          Marital Status: Married
          Race: White
          Birthplace: Minnesota
          Birth Year (Estimated): 1873
          Relationship to Head of Household: Self
          Father's Birthplace:
          Mother's Birthplace:
          Household ID: 237
          Sheet Number: 10
          GS Film number: 1820844
          Digital Folder Number: 4312192
          Image Number: 00901
          Household Gender Age Birthplace
          SELF Orvil W Merritt M 47y Minnesota
          WIFE Madiline W Merritt F 44y Hanover Germany
          Dora A Schleondorf F 82y Hanover Germany