Re: Need info on SCHLOENDORF's in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      Minnesota, Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905 about Fred Schloendorf
      Name: Fred Schloendorf
      Age: 76
      Census Date: 7 Jun 1905
      County: Polk
      Locality: Fanny
      Birth Location: Germany
      Gender: Male
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1829
      Race: White
      Father's Birth Location: Germany
      Mother's Birth Location: Germany
      Line: 26
      Roll: MNSC_143
      this Census was done June 7th
      shows Fred, Dora and Dick
      Name: Fred Schloendorf
      Birth: abt 1829 - Germany
      Residence: 7 Jun 1905 - Fanny, Polk, Minnesota
      Name: Mrs. Dora Schloendorf
      Birth: abt 1836 - Germany
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
        Could this be Her:

        1910 United States Federal Census about Dorah Schloendorf
        Name: Dorah Schloendorf
        [Dorth Schoendorf]
        Age in 1910: 73
        Birth Year: 1837
        Birthplace: Germany
        Home in 1910: Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
        Race: White
        Gender: Female
        Immigration Year: 1884
        Relation to Head of House: Mother-in-law
        Marital Status: Widowed
        Father's Birthplace: Germany
        Mother's Birthplace: Germany
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Orville W Merrit 38
        Lina Merrit 37
        Dorah Schloendorf 73
        Anna Schloendorf 25
        Charlie Smithson 27
      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "number_1_genealogist" <gary.gauthier@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for any death, obituary and burial information for Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea (Schmekpeper) Schloendorf. The focus area is Polk County, Minnesota. Likely cemetery location would be Fanny Township.
          >
          > Here is what I know of the family.
          >
          > From a Minnesota Death Card, I found:
          > Frederick Schloendorf was born in Germany and lived in Polk County, Fanny Township, Minnesota until he died on January 28th, 1906 at the age of 74. His parents were Fred Schloendorf and Maria Asendorf, both born in Germany.
          >
          > From the 1900 U.S. Census I know:
          > Richard (shown as "Dick") was listed as the head of the household. Frederick Schloendorf was married to Dorthea (presume born in Germany), who was 62 at the time. They had been married for 42 years (estimated marriage date of 1858). They had immigrated in 1894. Two daughters, Magdalena (age 28) and Anna (age 17) were still at home.
          >
          > From the "United States. Germans to America Index, 1850-1897", I know:
          > Frederick Schloendorf arrived in the Port of New York on September 19th, 1893. He arrived aboard the Darmstadt out of Bremen, Germany. His destination was listed as Chicago.
          >
          > From the MOMS database, I know the following:
          > The son of Frederich Schloendorf, Richard ("Diedrich") Schloendorf, was married to Olga Hoffos in Polk County on September 5th, 1905. (Olga Hoffos was from Pope County.)
          >
          > From a Minnesota Birth Record, I know:
          > John Richard Schloendorf was born on March 28th, 1908 in Fanny Township, Polk County, Minnesota, to Richard Schloendorf (age 38, born Germany) and Olga Hoffos (age 23, born Minnesota). At the time the number of children was listed as 2 "by this mother". So, it seems that John Richard had an older sibling for whom I don't have a name.
          >
          > I know from the Canadian Census that Richard and Olga left for Canada in about 1909.
          >
          > From the "Montana, County Marriages, 1865 -1950", I know:
          > Anna M. Schloendorf (age 30, born Germany) married Swan Munson (age 31, born in Nebraska) on July 3rd, 1918, in Lewistown, Fergus County, Montana. Here parents are listed as Frederick Schloendorf and Dorthea Schmekpeper. His parents were John Munson and Katherine Fenning.

          According to records I have looked at this comes up:
          Fanny Township

          No Cemeteries known
        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
            Try adding more search terms to improve your search results.
            Orville W Merrit
            United States Census, 1910

            birth: 1872 Minnesota
            residence: 1910 Fairmont Ward 1, Martin, Minnesota
            spouse: Lina Merrit
            Orville Merritt
            United States Census, 1940

            birth: 1872 Minnesota
            residence: 1940 Ward 2, Fairmont, Fairmont City, Martin, Minnesota, United States
            spouse: Lina Merritt
            Orville W Merritt
            United States Census, 1930

            birth: 1871 Minnesota
            census: 1930 Fairmont, Martin, Minnesota
            spouse: Magdaline Merritt
            at Familyserch.org
            Orvil W Merritt, "United States Census, 1920"
            Name: Orvil W Merritt
            Event Type:
            Event Year: 1920
            Event Place: , Martin, Minnesota
            Gender: Male
            Age: 47
            Marital Status: Married
            Race: White
            Birthplace: Minnesota
            Birth Year (Estimated): 1873
            Relationship to Head of Household: Self
            Father's Birthplace:
            Mother's Birthplace:
            Household ID: 237
            Sheet Number: 10
            GS Film number: 1820844
            Digital Folder Number: 4312192
            Image Number: 00901
            Household Gender Age Birthplace
            SELF Orvil W Merritt M 47y Minnesota
            WIFE Madiline W Merritt F 44y Hanover Germany
            Dora A Schleondorf F 82y Hanover Germany