Re: Ancestry dot com look up help please?

  • lindabhead
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "findingmyself" <bakerhen@...> wrote:

      > Could someone be so kind as to help me with these look ups?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Marsha
      >

      > (#1)
      >
      > Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Record
      > Immigration & Travel Name: Hendrick Sellen
      >
      > Arrival: year in location Name: Hendrick Sellen
      Year: 1683-1709
      Place: Germantown, Pennsylvania
      Family Members: Brother Dirck
      Source Publication Code: 1734
      Primary Immigrant: Sellen, Hendrick
      Annotation: Date and port of arrival or date and place of naturalization. Extracted from W.I. Hull's William Penn and the Dutch Quaker Migration to Pennsylvania (see PILI, first edition, source no. 3313).
      Source Bibliography: DUTCH AND GERMAN SETTLERS IN GERMANTOWN, 1683-1709. In Krefeld Immigrants and Their Descendants (Links Genealogy Publications, Sacramento, CA), vol. 1:2 (1984), pp. 41-47.
      Page: 45
      Name: Hendrick Sellen
      Volume: 156
      Page Number: 97
      Reference: Strassburger fam. And allied fams. Of Pa; Jacob And. Strassburger, of Montgomery co. Pa. By Ralph Beaver Strassburger. Gwynedd Valley, Pa. 1922. (520p.): 387, 397

      > (#2)
      >
      > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
      > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

    • s10lady7
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "findingmyself" <bakerhen@...> wrote:

        > Could someone be so kind as to help me with these look ups?
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > Marsha
        >

        > (#1)
        >
        > Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Record
        > Immigration & Travel Name: Hendrick Sellen
        >
        > Arrival: year in location
        >
        > (#2)
        >
        > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
        > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

        Family search has a copy of a draft card for Hendrick Alfred Sellen from Sweden residence St Paul Minn born June 16 1880 nearest relative Mrs Johanna Sellen Sundsvall Sweden.

        You did not give enough information as to where did he live or date of birth so that anyone looking could zero in on him as he could americanize his name to Henry and there are several in different states and without a time frame there isnt anyway to be sure
      • galaxyofchoices
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
          Thank you.

          Marsha

          In a message dated 4/1/2013 2:38:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

          --- In _genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:genealogyresearchc
          lub@yahoogroups.com) , "findingmyself" <bakerhen@...> wrote:

          > Could someone be so kind as to help me with these look ups?
          >
          > Thank you in advance.
          >
          > Marsha
          >

          > (#1)
          >
          > Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Record
          > Immigration & Travel Name: Hendrick Sellen
          >
          > Arrival: year in location Name: Hendrick Sellen
          Year: 1683-1709
          Place: Germantown, Pennsylvania
          Family Members: Brother Dirck
          Source Publication Code: 1734
          Primary Immigrant: Sellen, Hendrick
          Annotation: Date and port of arrival or date and place of naturalization.
          Extracted from W.I. Hull's William Penn and the Dutch Quaker Migration to
          Pennsylvania (see PILI, first edition, source no. 3313).
          Source Bibliography: DUTCH AND GERMAN SETTLERS IN GERMANTOWN, 1683-1709.
          In Krefeld Immigrants and Their Descendants (Links Genealogy Publications,
          Sacramento, CA), vol. 1:2 (1984), pp. 41-47.
          Page: 45
          Name: Hendrick Sellen
          Volume: 156
          Page Number: 97
          Reference: Strassburger fam. And allied fams. Of Pa; Jacob And.
          Strassburger, of Montgomery co. Pa. By Ralph Beaver Strassburger. Gwynedd Valley, Pa.
          1922. (520p.): 387, 397

          > (#2)
          >
          > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
          > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

        • Bloodhound; Kermit
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
            > (#2)
            > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
            > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

            American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
            Name: Hendrick Sellen
            Volume: 156
            Page Number: 97
            Reference: Strassburger fam. And allied fams. Of Pa; Jacob And. Strassburger, of Montgomery co. Pa. By Ralph Beaver Strassburger. Gwynedd Valley, Pa. 1922. (520p.): 387, 397

            I'm not sure if this is the same person -

            Pennsylvania Founding Families, 1681-1911
            Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Pennsylvania, Volumes I-III; Tyson Family
            Matthias Tyson, eldest son of Cornelius and Margaret, was born in Crefeld and accompanied his parents to Pennsylvania. He married Barbara Sellen, daughter of HENDRICK SELLEN, another native of Crefeld, and original settler of Germantown, and one of the first trustees of the First Mennonite church of Germantown. Some years after his arrival in Pennsylvania, he made a trip back to Crefeld, and returned to Pennsylvania, thus crossing the ocean three times. A paper dated 1706, containing his signature, is in possession of Hon. Samuel W. Pennypacker, who is a descendant, through Matthias Tyson's daughter Margaret, who married Jacob Pannebecker. Hendrick Sellen left four children, Jacob, a "shopkeeper" of Worcester township, who died without issue in 1759, leaving a legacy to the poor of the Mennonite congregation at "Perkyomie & Skepack;" John; Barbara, the wife of Matthias Tyson, and Elizabeth, the wife of Arnold Van Fossen.

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "findingmyself" <bakerhen@...> wrote:

            > Could someone be so kind as to help me with these look ups?
            >
            > Thank you in advance.
            >
            > Marsha
            >
            > (#1)
            > Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Record
            > Immigration & Travel Name: Hendrick Sellen
            > Arrival: year in location
            >
            > (#2)
            > American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Record
            > Reference, Dictionaries & Almanacs Name: Hendrick Sellen

          • findingmyself
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
              Hi and thank you for your help. I appreciate the time and effort that folks in this group give to help others!

              It is the same person (the bottom paragraph) that I am searching.

              Thank you so much.

              Respectfully,

              Marsha